Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 05:20:28 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Question for Gregg

Started by scottymc, March 05, 2011, 02:07:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scottymc

I have a Toyota walking foot the same as the ebay link here, there is also a Consew 120 that appears to be the exact same machine, is this so and would all the parts be the same in the guts of it. I know Toyota stopped making sewing machine a few years ago, so it would be handy knowing I could get Consew part. As yet I have not needed to replace anything, I bought it new 11 years ago it is a very good machine and would seem to be way better value than the Consew.

]http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170609495374&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT[url]

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270712143022&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/url]

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Let me contact Consew on Monday and get back with you. 

scottymc

Darren Henry

QuoteI have a Toyota walking foot the same as the ebay link here,

Petrol or diesel? And how many litres on a hundred? :P
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

March 08, 2011, 06:46:06 am #4 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 12:59:44 pm by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing
Just spoke with our main guy Steve at Consew,

Yes, Toyota LS2-D324 and Consew 120 are one and the same, made by "Asian Seike" , spelling off a bit but sounds close.

Old machine, parts are not available, company who made this machine a long time ago is no longer in existence.

Parts, as per Consew, are no longer available.  

Hope this helps.

scottymc

Thanks Gregg, it is an excellent machine. But maybe I should flog it before something goes wrong with it, the toyota sticker has fallen off so i can write Consew120 in texta like the guy on ebay did and ask 3 x as much. ;D

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: scottymc on March 08, 2011, 01:44:07 pm
Thanks Gregg, it is an excellent machine. But maybe I should flog it before something goes wrong with it, the toyota sticker has fallen off so i can write Consew120 in texta like the guy on ebay did and ask 3 x as much. ;D

Yeah, "Consew 120" written in Sharpie felt tip marker looks legit.  Ca-ching!

gene

This is a bit off the topic, but still relevant to the Toyota sewing machine.

I used to sell packaging materials to all different kinds of manufactures. I saw many companies running machines made from the 30's up through the 50's. Sometimes even from the 20's. These machine were made to last.

Many of these companies would have to have custom parts made for anything that broke because it had been decades since these machines were made.

I saw a number of companies that evolved into having their own machine milling shop. They had so many machines that it was cheaper to make their own parts themselves than to source them out.

I also saw the other side of it: a machine in very good condition sitting idle because one part broke and the company couldn't afford to get the part custom made.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!