Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:57:52 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Newbie needing affirmation to start a business

Started by cparmalee, March 03, 2011, 09:19:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cparmalee

March 03, 2011, 09:19:51 am Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 09:45:02 am by cparmalee
Any and all feedback appreciated

sofadoc

They look great.
But I have an aunt who is a wonderful cook. Everyone told her that she should open a restaurant. She soon found out that "cooking" and "cooking for profit" were two entirely different things. She lasted 2 months.
How long did those jobs take you? Don't quit your day job, until you know that you can "cook for profit".
Sadly, there's more to it than just doing good work.
I hope it works out for you.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

cparmalee

Actually ... I don't have a day job :)  These were things I've collected over the years always meaning to redo.  The reason they took so long unfortunately was waiting for fabric etc through UPS, the chair probably would have taken me 2 days, and the couch 3 with materials on hand.   I've had a couple of requests since doing them to do some re-upholstery for an old Inn.  Fact is I love it, and these are my first 2 pieces.  I'm just hoping to hear they are good enough from you pros to do some more pieces for profit.  Thanks for your input :)