Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 29, 2024, 02:25:57 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Dang Thread Anyways

Started by Mojo, March 02, 2011, 05:42:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

"Oh well, it'll do for making bobbins".
I must have heard my step-dad say that a few hundred times when I was growing up.
Every time he jumped on one of those thread "specials".
All of it either shredded, wrapped around the bobbin case, or left a wax build-up between the tension plates.
After digging it out of the bobbin case, or constantly adjusting the tension,  it was always "Oh well, it'll do for making bobbins".
We had enough "bobbin" thread to last 10 lifetimes, but we never had enough top thread.
Once we got Caller ID, he stopped buying from anyplace with a 954 area code.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

Quote from: Mike8560 on March 03, 2011, 04:47:38 pm
The sunguard should be fine I buy thread from mikes all the time.

Mike:

You are right. I got the Sunguard in 138 and sewed all morning with it. That stuff is awesome. Love it.

Miami Mike did me right again. What shocked me most was I ordered it and got it the next day. Must have come from Jacksonville . This is the second order I have gotten over night and only paid for ground UPS........:)

Very nice thread and sews like a dream. I am happier then a pig in mud with the Sunguard. :)

Chris

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: Mojo on March 03, 2011, 05:03:54 pm
Now my question to you is..........what machines are made in the USA, Germany and Japan ? Are there any ?
Chris

USA brands I carry that many may never encounter around these parts are Melco and Merrow sewing and embrodiery machines.  These are the real deal ground up machines being made in the US. 

As far as brands from Germany and Japan, it's really a mixed bag.  Juki has models both from Japan and China.  Pfaff has both China and Germany.  Durkopp Alder has both some China and Chech Republic (kind sorta German).

Really, it has to be taken on a machine by machine basis anymore.  Good quesiton, but it would be impossible to list them all.

Mike8560

The nice thing Chris with Miami is you can place an order right up to 5pm and the order will go out.
As long as it comming  from Jacksonville you'll see it the next day.   

stitchit

Forgive my ignorance-- What is the actual name of the "Miami" company you are all referring to?

Thanks,

Chris

JuneC

www.miamicorp.com  Great company!  Miami Mike is a member here

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mojo

Chris:

You can contact Mike and he will set you up an account. Once you get that account then you can access the web site and order through Miami Corp. You will also find that the pricing changes on the web site once you are a registered customer.

I normally order directly through Mike either by e-mail or phone. He is very responsive and a great guy to deal with. ( Several of us on here order through Mike ). Here is his contact details.

Phone  800.543.0448
Direct   513-298-5519

Chris