Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 10:21:18 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bayliner 2855 Seating on sunbridge

Started by fragged8, February 28, 2011, 11:54:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

I built that seat years ago, Rich.  I haven't had to construct anything lately.  That was for a Scarab. 

And yes, Mike, the Bayliner trashing will never stop.  They're still cutting corners, as always, but for very many markets, it's more than adequate.  If I lived on a lake up north where I only boated a few months a year, I'd have to consider one.  They offer a lot of living space for the length.  But for ocean cruising, I don't think I'd trust one. 

I believe the Trophy line is actually better than their cruisers. 

And, Rich, I always thought Proline was a pretty will built cuddy.... till we had one in the yard and took it apart.  The fridge was hanging on the front cabinet with no support underneath, the wiring was all wrong, they used plain metal covered buttons on the interior upholstery (and they rusted and stained the whole lot), and the list goes on.  I would not buy a Proline. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

fragged8

its a case of you get what you pay for, the cheaper boats are cheap for a reason.

my Quicksilver 500 is only £15k brand new and it comes with a pilothouse
engines are extra but it's a lot of boat for the money, BUT .. they have cut corners
in building but i accept that other wise it would have been £25k new..

What i'm looking for guys is pics of the actual seat frame construction on its own

I asked to day about the Foam PVC June and it was about £120 for a sheet
so i'll be using ply :-)

AND !!!!  i bought a new foam saw today  :o :o :o :o :o :o
i'll let you know how i get on with it ..

rich

Mike8560

March 04, 2011, 10:10:19 am #17 Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 10:12:20 am by Mike8560
I wouldnt take it far off shore June no reason to. I. Brought  it down from tampa at she was fine I'd jut do the icw when I bad her.  Now my cobia center console I had her 30 mile out grouper fishing.  

fragged8

i've had my stepdads 2955 offshore in the North Sea

no problems.

Mind you i've always been a blowboater,  sailors are just having fun
in a force 6 when all the motor boats are hiding in port . hehe

I remember leaving Calais, France in a force 5 and there was no
way the big motor boats were going to leave   :o

Mike8560

March 05, 2011, 12:29:35 pm #19 Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 07:29:15 pm by Mike8560
Quote from: JuneC on March 04, 2011, 06:05:45 am

And yes, Mike, the Bayliner trashing will never stop.  They're still cutting corners, as always, but for very many markets, it's more than adequate.  If I lived on a lake up north where I only boated a few months a year, I'd have to consider one.  They offer a lot of living space for the length.  But for ocean cruising, I don't think I'd trust one.  

June

that what I like about the gulf. Most days  especialy in the summer it is like a lake