Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 09:41:37 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

low cost bimini

Started by fragged8, February 28, 2011, 11:39:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fragged8

February 28, 2011, 11:39:15 am Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:59:38 pm by fragged8
http://www.johnradisch.com/mibimi-low-cost-bimini-top

reminds me of that youtube bimini  that black guy made hehe  

jojo

Hilarious! Is this guy serious? In the story, he says he was quoted a new bimini for $385. He should've went with that one.
At least he notes that it has to be folded down at high speeds. Oy.

jsquail

i have to give that guy a pat on the back fro trying. It looks good with the materials he used.

I hope he doesn't get caught in a down pour of rain.
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

Allan

February 28, 2011, 02:19:06 pm #3 Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:23:37 pm by Allan
Just shows

You guys are getting WAAAY too technical with your designs  ;D ;D ;D
Just think how many of these you could knock out a day

Allan

Peppy

QuoteRefined fellow boaters may criticize the lack of esthetic quality of this type of sun-shade, but the benefits outweigh the critique in my opinion.

You can't argue with that! I think it's lovely! I can't wait till he turns it into a enclosure.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

Mike8560

reminds me of this low cost repair i saw this guy did.

jsquail

Quote from: Peppy on February 28, 2011, 04:31:29 pm
QuoteRefined fellow boaters may criticize the lack of esthetic quality of this type of sun-shade, but the benefits outweigh the critique in my opinion.

You can't argue with that! I think it's lovely! I can't wait till he turns it into a enclosure.

Thats funny. I was thinking the same thing after i read his blog. Any bets on 20ga roller vinyl?
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

fragged8

i can see the point, i couldn't afford my canvas heheh

that pic you posted mike, looking at the scrapes down the hull
you wouldn't want him mooring next to you  :o

BigJohn

The only thing missing on that Bimini is the Bungee straps and duct tape

jojo

Darren Henry

It's an '85 Capri. My advice to him would be to hawk the seats and the bilge pump,insure it heavily and hope the Bimini stoves in and sinks it before the transom falls off.He can use the insurance money to come up here and work for me.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

JuneC

Well, at least those guys have excuses -they're not professionals.  Check out this OEM canvas I took pics of today.

Yes, folks, the zips are not sewn AT ALL to the glass in the forward center seams.  They're heat-welded and/or glued (can't tell which).  In any case, the attachment obviously doesn't hold.  These covers are 3 years old.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

thoose gaps are no big deal june you should have seen the ones i saw today. out pricing a deckboat we probly got it we got a call to price all new canvas on a 40 foot silverton  there were gaps where you show so big you cold stick you hand out easy hugest gaps i ever saw. this afternoon we had to price a second deckboat cover . maby things ae turning our way .

Peppy

Are those the cheezie 'stamped' jaw slides June? We get a lot of 'Ameritex' tops with those. And the hotglue zippers. I heard they went bankrupt, so eventually I'll stop having to repair them or make new tops with their cheezie framework.
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering