Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 11:29:13 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Mechanical Cushion machine

Started by Jvdov, February 08, 2011, 04:07:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fingers

Hey Paulie,
  We followed what the manufacturers were doing because it was a state of the art technique back then. At that time the guy that introduced me to the trade was investigating alternatives to the mechanical stuffer. He had relocated to a smaller shop and was having a hard time justifying keeping it around to fill the occasional Marshall spring unit wrapped with cotton. He was associated with a fella that ran a smaller upholstered furniture manufacturing co. My boss got the idea of sucking foam down from him. It even worked well on the spring cushions. Plastic was still too much trouble.
  If I encounter a cotton wrapped spring unit now, I simply add a wrap of bonded dacron to ease the stuffing. Having had a little fun here with what is basically an obsolete device, I'd own one if I had the storage area for it. Who knows, maybe even learn to depend on it.  ;)
  Bern

Joys Shop

I have one of the mechanical units
At one time, I was trying to sell it
I'm glad I couldn't find a buyer for it
I make a lot of spring unit cushions, and it's great for them!