Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 07:09:37 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Phaff 145 bobbin size

Started by baileyuph, February 19, 2011, 05:50:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

The question came up in my community regarding the bobbin for a 145.  Which was, is it the same as a 111W155, both small bobbin machines. 

My response to the question was get the two bobbins, in metal, and compare size.  Problem became, I have a metal bobbin for the 111W155, the owner of the 145 cannot put his hand on one for comparison.  The owner of the 145 is currently using the G prewound bobbin but is not sure it is correct for the machine.

What is the technical answer to this question?  Same or different bobbins?

Some of you will know,

Thanks,

Doyle

sofadoc

I used to have a 145, and a Juki 562. I used the same "G" metal bobbins in both of them.
However, on pre-wound bobbins, I occasionally had trouble. Depending on the brand (of bobbin) sometimes the pre-wound was a little too fat for the Pfaff. I think it says more about the inconsitentcy of pre-wounds.
But, when you order metal bobbins, the ones listed for Singer compatible machines isn't the same one listed for Pfaff.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: sofadoc on February 19, 2011, 06:35:36 am
I used to have a 145, and a Juki 562. I used the same "G" metal bobbins in both of them.
However, on pre-wound bobbins, I occasionally had trouble. Depending on the brand (of bobbin) sometimes the pre-wound was a little too fat for the Pfaff. I think it says more about the inconsitentcy of pre-wounds.
But, when you order metal bobbins, the ones listed for Singer compatible machines isn't the same one listed for Pfaff.

This

baileyuph

Update:

Two sewing equipment parts books have been located from very large suppliers.  In review, the Pfaff metal bobbin compared to the 111W series part do not appear to be the same, part numbers are different.  This concludes only that the bobbins are not equal.

Given the report above, that the same metal bobbin was used in both a 145 and a Juki 562, it might be understandable that one will work in both but the other will only work for the machine it was designed for. 

In short, this encourages belief that the G-prewounds were designed for the 111W series, a machine and related machines that perhaps far out number the 145 production.  The slight difference in their bobbins might be the explanation that the G-prewounds will, but not always work fine in the Pfaff.

Sofadoc reported this problem and it was the same that the 145 owner in my community is currently having. 

Conclusion:  Owner of the Pfaff 145 is seeking metal bobbins and plans to do his rewinding.

Sounds like a plan.

Doyle