Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 01:54:04 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bosch 1575A Heavy Duty Foam Rubber Cutter w/ Footplate on eBay

Started by hdflame, February 18, 2011, 06:13:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hdflame

Just saw this if anyone is interested. $169.99 Buy it Now!  It's well used, but it beats the regular price new if you only need on occasionally.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260739438099&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

JuneC

I saw that same cutter on eBay probably a month ago.  I rejected it then because of the electrical tape on the power cord.  I wonder if it never sold before, or if it was returned by someone.  I'm looking for one, but that one scares me.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

hdflame

Quote from: JuneC on February 18, 2011, 06:43:52 am
I saw that same cutter on eBay probably a month ago.  I rejected it then because of the electrical tape on the power cord.  I wonder if it never sold before, or if it was returned by someone.  I'm looking for one, but that one scares me.

June

June,

I bought one on Monday for about the same price, that had electrical tape on the plug end of the cord.  After seeing how much they sell for new, and how much they sell for on eBay, I figured I could always put on a new cord and clean it up and re-list it and get my money back if I didn't want it.

If the price is right, I'll sometimes take a chance.  I'm sure the Bosch is a nice foam cutter from what has been said on here, but I just can't afford to buy a new one!

Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special

Cheryl

My 2 cents >>  That little saw is worth its weight in gold.   If you cut alot of foam June..  just add a few dollars  to every job your get for awhile.. set that  bit aside and when you have enough -- order one.. new or used..  just get it.  You will never be sorry.
   Laughter does a heart good, like a medicine...  Laugh often.  Cry when you need to...  but Love always.

hdflame

I ordered new 12" blades and guide for mine.  I noticed that the cutting teeth are not directional like a jigsaw.   
Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special

sofadoc

What kind of work are you doing that requires 12" blades?
I always operated on the theory that you  want blades that are only a little longer than you need. For example, if you're cutting 6" foam with 12" blades, it seems like the blades would be a little wobbly.
I use 8" blades, since 6" is the thickest foam that I cut.
Maybe I'm thinking this all wrong?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

fragged8

hiya

I need a foam saw too, a 12" blade would be handy if cutting say 6"
foam at an angle, like a v berth cushion.
Depending on the angle you would then be cutting through 7 or 8"
thickness.

My electric meat knife does it for now :-)

Rich

Saddleman

Quote from: sofadoc on February 20, 2011, 09:34:17 pm
What kind of work are you doing that requires 12" ......

Size does matter.... ;D

The blade holder keeps the blades ridgid.  I use the 12" blade saw for carving on motorbike seats.  I do not have the foot plate on mine.   

hdflame

What kind of work are you doing that requires 12" blades?
I always operated on the theory that you  want blades that are only a little longer than you need. For example, if you're cutting 6" foam with 12" blades, it seems like the blades would be a little wobbly.
I use 8" blades, since 6" is the thickest foam that I cut.
Maybe I'm thinking this all wrong?

I knew  Loren had one and does the type of work that I bought mine for, so I emailed him to ask his advice before purchasing a new 12" blade and guide..  I see he's already answered. ;D

Mine came with the foot, although I'll probably use it more without it.  I would love to have invested in a new cutter, but just  couldn't justify that much money right now.

Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special

hdflame

Quote from: Saddleman on February 21, 2011, 08:18:22 pm
What kind of work are you doing that requires 12" ......

Size does matter.... ;D

The blade holder keeps the blades ridgid.  I use the 12" blade saw for carving on motorbike seats.  I do not have the foot plate on mine.   

Hey Loren,

As I was hitting post on that last reply, FedEx pulled up with my new to me Bosch Foam Saw!  I plugged it in and everything seems to work fine.

I have no manual for it, so I'm heading over to Bosch's website in search of one.

I read on one eBay listing that the seller had taken it apart to clean out all of the foam dust from inside of it.  They showed pictures of the before and after.  Do you think I should take it apart for a good cleaning?  Do you lubricate yours with anything?  Silicone, maybe?

Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special

Saddleman

Cool Beans!  I do spray the blades with silicone.  That helps the blade guide slide through thick foam.    Sewing machine oil would also be good for the blades.  Not sure on taking apart, it couldn't hurt.  Probably only a few screws holding the case together.

Peppy

I spray with silicone too. Blades, foot, and the little wheels underneath, anytime it feels like it's dragging. The literature that came with the saw said to take the 2 little bolts off the front of it to take the blades out and clean the groove that holds the blades often like every 10 hours of operation or something. It even came with a little hook thingy, looks like a fingernail cleaner. I have never done that. When the one saw we had died, I took it all apart. The blade holder seemed clean, so I've never bothered cleaning the new one. I don't advise taking anything other than that plate off the front. When I took the case apart weenie little cylinder bearings fell out. Wasn't a very fun afternoon putting it back together. Then it went off and got repaired and has worked fine the last 5 years. *knock on wood*

I leave the foot on almost always since I cut mostly sheet foam. But when I'm doing funky shaping or curves I take it off.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠