Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:01:07 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

car seat suggestions

Started by sscargo, February 01, 2011, 04:54:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sscargo

I need to "duplicate" this seat. I have little experience with this type of fabrication and need suggestions. I plan on creating as much of the structure as reasonable so an upholstery expert can carry on.

this is the  basic concept I have for the structure. I'm thinking to build the connect the two backs into a "W" shape.  leaving the bottom 2-3" to mount, and then slide in 2 "bottoms" the backs are currently planned to be layers of masonite .

any and all thoughts are appreciated.  I was wondering if I should use masonite, or sheet PVC? any mounting ideas?

I'm also considering cutting out the center of the bottom and covering with webbing ?

also any suggestions on a good material? It will be a dark red and in the sun I'm worried about fading. it will also need to be durable as it will be stepped on to get to the back seat.

Thanks
Mat