Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:58:55 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Sea Ray boat seat upholstery

Started by florida girl, January 25, 2011, 09:02:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

florida girl

You know, I could build her what she wants, but I'm not going to drive all the way over there for nothing!  In fact, I'm not going to do it for nothing!  This is "SKILLED LABOR"!

bobbin

Lol, Kody..  The other thing I just love is this:  "...well, it's really a very simple thing to repair; all you have to do is...". 

A friend of mine suggested I name my business, "You can't, I can".  I loved it, but it really isn't practical now, is it?

Fl.Girl, I concur with the rest of the mob here... turn on your heel and keep on walkin', never looking back. 

florida girl

I've never found "patterns" for boat seats, or for most any upholstery job, have you? 

JuneC

Nope.  Now wouldn't a pattern be nice....   Sure would make my life easier.  :-X

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

byhammerandhand

My philosophy on this statement is,  "So if I do this frustrating project for a loss, there will be more just like it?"

I can understand that if you are selling a truckload of corn (or a trainload), you can give a better price than if you are selling a bushel.  But labor is labor, and there is no economy of scale unless you get into a production environment of the same thing over and over.

Quote from: florida girl on January 26, 2011, 11:39:52 am
  She had said if the price is right, there would be other projects to do. 
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Highvelocity

She would be better off having a carpenter frame another seat for her...$$$  Then have it refoamed symetrically...$$$  Then she can recover it to have it all look like crap...hahaha 

Or if she wants to get into the upoholstery trade, she can buy all the right tools and machines...$$$$  Then spend the next 2 years learning how to make anything look good...  "Because it's soooo easy" hahahaha

This thread just brightened my day...can't stop laughing at her ignorance.

Boats Love Hundred Dollar Bills

florida girl

Quote from: Highvelocity on January 28, 2011, 06:45:19 am
She would be better off having a carpenter frame another seat for her...$$$  Then have it refoamed symetrically...$$$  Then she can recover it to have it all look like crap...hahaha 

Or if she wants to get into the upoholstery trade, she can buy all the right tools and machines...$$$$  Then spend the next 2 years learning how to make anything look good...  "Because it's soooo easy" hahahaha

This thread just brightened my day...can't stop laughing at her ignorance.

Problem is that I'm a carpenter as well.  I could do the whole thing! 

Highvelocity

I am sure you could do the whole thing... The point is the customer is taking things for granted when it's a bit more complicated then that...  But hey I guess its all part of the game
Boats Love Hundred Dollar Bills

florida girl

Thanks guys, I appreciate the moral support!