Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:41:14 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

I need some help please !!!

Started by Therapy, January 23, 2011, 07:12:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Highvelocity

Therapy--- It looks like you started from 2 points with a closed loop that was too big. 

As a rule, I don't sew a closed loop of boxing, when I start boxing I leave about 5 inches loose, then when I come around on the start I cut to suit leaving a 1/2 seam allowance.  At that point.... I sew the loop closed...then fish attaching it to the box.  Sorry if I said the samething as other people.

BTW-you can fix what you have by adding a piece of boxing.  Blast the seam back about a foot then then seam in a longer piece of boxing to make it to the corner with seam allowance.
Boats Love Hundred Dollar Bills

Therapy

Quote from: Highvelocity on January 28, 2011, 08:09:37 am
Therapy--- It looks like you started from 2 points with a closed loop that was too big. 

As a rule, I don't sew a closed loop of boxing, when I start boxing I leave about 5 inches loose, then when I come around on the start I cut to suit leaving a 1/2 seam allowance.  At that point.... I sew the loop closed...then fish attaching it to the box.  Sorry if I said the samething as other people.

BTW-you can fix what you have by adding a piece of boxing.  Blast the seam back about a foot then then seam in a longer piece of boxing to make it to the corner with seam allowance.

Im finding this out
The 5"loose sounds like a safe allowance
Take a Look im getting there   MikeH
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj300/dadhuff/Sewing%20New/SN850303.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj300/dadhuff/Sewing%20New/SN850304.jpg
Juki 563

Mike8560

mike it looks like to me your top plate and probly the bottom was to big . i cut mine  a bit biggger 3/8 to 1/2" and the boxing the same as the foam ofcourse the side against the hull will be a bit wider and curved

Therapy

Quote from: Mike8560 on January 30, 2011, 04:04:20 pm
mike it looks like to me your top plate and probly the bottom was to big . i cut mine  a bit biggger 3/8 to 1/2" and the boxing the same as the foam ofcourse the side against the hull will be a bit wider and curved

Hi Mike your right i made the top plate seam allowance 3/4 wider so the seam would lay on the top side of the boxing i got that tip from June.  there's no bottom plate just plywood and yes the side against the hull are 2" wider
Juki 563