Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 07:02:55 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

bus conversion update#5

Started by mike802, January 27, 2011, 04:34:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mike802

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

hdflame

Quote from: mike802 on January 27, 2011, 04:34:09 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIGpNbC3vHY

Hey, I was just watching the 4th video, you're getting quick on these things!  Looks like you've tackled one heck of a big job on that bus! :o  I can't wait to see it finished.  I hope the rest of it doesn't give you as much trouble as the radiators!

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

kodydog

Just got caught up on the latest update. Went all the way back to September trying to figure out if this is a personal conversion or are you building it for a rock star. You should stay nice and toasty with all the insulation. Look forward to the next installment.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

mike802

January 28, 2011, 09:45:55 am #3 Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 06:51:06 pm by mike802
Bobby: We don't like to say the R word around here :-X I am working on the second one and while sand blasting the top tank I found that the rust had eaten a hole in it, so I had to order a salvaged tank.  When I received it, it looked much better than the one with the hole, so it should work out.  It sure is a big project and I just cant wait to get into the fun stuff, like designing and building the interior.  I don't have anymore videos waiting in the bullpen, so it will probably be a while before I can get any more posted.  My son is the one who does all the editing and posting them on YouTube and right now he is visiting a friend in Alabama, they are planing on going to Arkansas this coming weekend and picking up a bus that he bought. It is a  senicruser, this will be his second bus, one is enough for me. He took the video recorder, so I think he is planing on making a video of the adventure.  I was reading a post on the bus forum and they say the floor should be taken up, because there is duck work that should be cleaned out.  It will be disgusting and if not cleaned the bus will always smell like a locker room.  This is also a good way to look for and repair rust.  Not looking forward to that job.

Kodydog:  You have probably figured out by now that this is a personal project.  My wife was devastated when she found that our travel trailer had rotted out.  It is only about ten years old, but water was getting into the walls and I did not realize it until the damage had been done.  I felt real bad and wanted to give her something really nice that was built with quality materials.  My son had bought a bus and was working on it for a couple of years and I could see that they are built really good, lots of stainless steel and everything is commercial quality meant to stand up to lots a abuse. I figured this would be a good platform to build her something nice.  I figured if I did the work myself I could afford to build it for less than a new travel trailer would cost.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

Mojo

Still watching and enjoying your video updates.

I cannot wait till your into the upholstery work. I am hoping I can pick up some new ideas.

Keep those videos coming Mike. :)

Chris