Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:21:18 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Zippers in boxing

Started by bobbin, January 17, 2011, 12:10:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

Hi Bobbin

Yes we have all settled back into the mud now that the rain has eased up
Thank goodness I live on the side of a hill

Allan

scottymc

Quote from: Allan on January 19, 2011, 02:19:56 am
Hi Bobbin

Yes we have all settled back into the mud now that the rain has eased up
Thank goodness I live on the side of a hill

Allan

Real estate above 10m. must sky rocketing in your area :). There was so much rain on the whole of the east coast, I thought Queensland was going to get washed all the way down to Victoria.

Mike8560

good to see your still with us Allen  :D

Mojo

I was just telling my wife " I wonder if me mate is ok in Brizzy ? ".

I am curious, have you guys had issues with a lot of misplaced King Browns ?

I was in Brizzy a couple years ago they were in the middle of a terrible drought. Ranchers were shipping livestock down Scotty's way to Vic. Seems like it has been feast or famine there for rain.

Glad you came through OK Allan. It was a horrible flood.

Chris

Darren Henry

WHOO HOO; Glad you dodged the worst of that mess Allan. I don't have any of my TV's hooked up but what I saw on you tube was right nasty.

Can I borrow your rubber dingy for this spring? We're going to flood here in Manitoba this spring. We have 3+ feet of snow in places on top of saturated soiled and every pothole/dugout/lake was overflowing at freeze up. We can't even send it anywhere because that condition runs from the Alberta/Saskatchewan border right down to Peppy's back yard in southern Ontario.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Allan

Chris

There were a lot snakes around however I didn't hear of anyone being bitten
Crocs in the northern areas and a shark was reported swiming in the streets in Brisbane

There were 90,000 kilometers of roads damaged
31,000 buildings flooded
51 out of 73 council areas declared disaster areas

They say it could take years to get it all back together

Darren

Sure you can borrow the rubber duckie
I would rather a blow than a flood as the blow is done and over quickly wereas the floods can linger for days if not weeks

Now we have floods in Victoria down south
Not as bad as the Queensland floods but bad none the less

Allan

Mojo

I hadn't heard that Vic was getting flooded as well. Geeesshhh. What the heck is going on down there ?

There are two snakes I never want to meet the Brown and the Taipan. Both are extremely nasty and the Taipan will come after you if you tread on its territory. Thankfully they are located in remote parts of Oz.

I am very sorry to hear you had to go through all this Allan. I hope things return to normal for you real soon.

My best to you and your family cobber.

Chris

Peppy

Quote from: Darren Henry on January 21, 2011, 05:38:45 am
right down to Peppy's back yard in southern Ontario.

Actually Darren, we could use any extra water you've got laying around. Georgian Bay has had falling water levels for the last ?20? years  This past year was the first it had gone up. Still something like 3 feet below 'normal'. Lots of docks that are more like porches without a house. They say its a 30 year cycle so if you build a dock this year in the future it could be just a thing to tie your bouy to. Sloooow tides around here. Unless it's true what some people say and the Yanks really are stealling all the water.

Sorry to beg for water as others are drowning. Feast or famine.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

scottymc

Get Opra to tell them to give your water back. In her special shows from Australia she had a link on her website to donate to the Queensland floods and on the show she encouraged Americans to donate. They had a 100 million about at the time in the next 3 hours 20 million was donated. so she was worth the 10 mil we paid her to come out, by the way I didn't see many dinki-di aussies on the show, alot of cultural cringing 

stitcher_guy

As for the original question in the thread, I would either baste the material every 6-8 inches onto the zipper tape, or staple the velour to the zipper tape. Then as it runs through the foot (very small stitch like others have said) the velous stays consistent with the zipper tape. I use a heavy duty office stapler for my vinyls and heavy cloths.

bobbin

Shortening the stitch helped a lot, you guys.  Thanks so much.  I finished stuffing them on Monday and they looked great, even though some of the zippers were still too wavey to get my personal stamp of approval.  This site is a wonderful resource for a frustrated tradesman.  Thanks again. 

florida girl

The fabric is wavy because it is stretched.  How about loosening the pressure foot? 

hdflame

Quote from: bobbin on January 27, 2011, 02:32:21 pm
Shortening the stitch helped a lot, you guys.  Thanks so much.  I finished stuffing them on Monday and they looked great, even though some of the zippers were still too wavey to get my personal stamp of approval.  This site is a wonderful resource for a frustrated tradesman.  Thanks again. 

Bobbin,

I know you're finished with it now, but what about next time trying stapling the material to the zipper before sewing, or using the seam tape like  you see Sailrite pushing all the time.

I've really come to appreciate my stapler on certain things, and the seam tape comes in handy from time to time as well.

As for this site being a great resource, you couldn't have said it any better.  I've gotten way more from this group than I ever got in the upholstery class I took.  I won't say it was a waste, but it couldn't compare to how much I get from you guys! ;D

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)