Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 04:19:21 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

ice on cover

Started by Mike8560, January 13, 2011, 04:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

i went to a local boat place this morning to install some canvas i saw a cover i fif that had been moved i they didnt put the pole in and it had water puddled. well the the water haad froxe it was so cold here.

JuneC

Holy Cow, Mike!  That's a bit much for S. Florida, eh?  Cold here, but not like that.  Guess our deeper Gulf Stream keeps us warmer.  Still, I had had a hard time working at the shop today.  The bay doors face North and the wind was gusting in keeping my hands quite frigid.  Toward the end of the day I had to close the doors, but the light was poor so I just locked up and went home. 

Got that Italian jobber in the yard today.  It had a gaggle of onlookers checking it out early, I heard from others around there.  Looks like the cover's going to be done in Odyssey Softouch.  Trio's expensive - figure it'll take about $750 worth of Trio before I even take a scissors to it.  I can do Softouch for less than half of the material cost.  The Trio cover would weigh around 80 pounds as well.  Too heavy for most of us mere mortals. 

Oh, the interior of that thing is done in quilted Alcantara.  I'll take pics and post in a few days.   

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mojo

My bird bath has been frozen several times this winter. But we have had over night temp's drop into the mid to upper 20's up here in Brooksville.

I am sooooooo over this cold weather it isn't funny. Bring back the 70's and 80's temps. :)

Chris

Grebo

That makes me cross  >:(
You go to all the trouble of making a nice fit, then the buggers either don't put it on right or leave the poles out.  :(   You should take a picture of it, so when they come knocking on the door to say it doesn't fit any more, you can say, probably because of THIS ( shows photo) .  ;)