Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 03:22:10 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Anyone heard of Ansaldi & Sons (Upholstery Supplier)

Started by Stephen, January 04, 2011, 12:23:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

IN my search to find 13 gauge upholstery back springs, I came across the Ansaldi & Sons website. Some of the items they have listed are similar to Van Dykes. They also have listed, on this web page, the type of springs I'm looking for, 13 gauge 6" and 8" upholstery springs for backs or pillows. Their website looks good, with lots of stuff listed.
My hesitation is that when I did a google maps search of their street address, it shows just houses in a wooded suburban area. I called them and was told that they are an Internet only business. They don't have a store. But they said that they do have a warehouse. I don't know if that means that their garage is their warehouse, or if they have a physical warehouse someplace. The lady said that the address is the one on the website. When I did a reverse search of their street address, It shows that there are some people named Ansaldi living at that location, so that is at least a plus that they are using their names.

So, has anyone ordered anything from them? Do you know anything about them? Also, do you know of any other place where I can get 13 gauge upholstery back springs?

Best Wishes,
Stephen

sofadoc

I have a  Masco Fabrics catalog that lists 8" 13 ga. pillow back coils.
They haven't put out a new catalog since 2003, so you might have to call and see if they still carry them.
Their phone # is 800 326-2726
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

ahkahn

Yeah, the 13 ga. is very difficult/expensive to get today.  We still carry lawson units (which I believe are 11 ga), and all sizes of coils, but they're 9 ga.  I believe most of the spring mfg's discontinued a lot of the softer gauges because of the switch to foam/webbing/etc. 

Let me know if you find some.

Take care,
Andrew

sofadoc

I called Masco today. They have 1100 of 'em. The RETAIL price is .80 each.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban