Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 28, 2024, 08:41:52 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

To Big John, and whomever else it may concern

Started by sofadoc, December 23, 2010, 03:49:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

I got the hartco clincher today. Here is a short demo (pay no attention to the buffoon in the flannel shirt)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub69I7GTJjI

This tool did NOT disappoint!!!
It makes connecting no-sag springs with stakewire a breeze.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

bobbin

Well that was pretty cool!  Know I know what it's used for and can see how it works.  Thanks to the buffoon the plaid shirt.  Hollywood will be calling very soon, I'm sure of it. 

kodydog

I don't know if yours is like mine. I find it works better if you hook the little dohicky on the bottom of the gun around the spring and pull up when you pull the trigger instead of pushing down. That may just be me. Try it both ways and see what you think.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

Quote from: kodydog on December 23, 2010, 05:13:21 pm
I don't know if yours is like mine. I find it works better if you hook the little dohicky on the bottom of the gun around the spring and pull up when you pull the trigger instead of pushing down. That may just be me. Try it both ways and see what you think.

Ours must be different. I initially tried it that way. But I got too much backlash. Mine works better when I push down.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

BigJohn

That's the tool, I'm going to start looking for a deal on one as my volume wont support a new one.

Big John