Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 05, 2024, 06:41:34 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

I'm officially old

Started by sofadoc, December 14, 2010, 03:33:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

A woman brought in a sofa today. She was breath-takingly attractive, and had the most enchanting Romanian accent. She summoned all of her feminine wiles in an attempt to coax a discount out of me.  :-*
There was a time in my younger days, when her tactic would've worked to perfection. But I just said "Sorry, no can do".  :(
Unbeknownst to me, my wife came in through the back door, and was within earshot. She was quite surprised that I had stood my ground to such a worthy opponent.  :o
I guess my libido is officially dead now. Nothing left to look forward to, but sitting in a rocking chair and dribbling.
Situations like the one today don't come up too often anymore, since most of the female customers that I deal with more closely resemble Barbara Bush, than Barbara Eden.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

A few years ago, I might have posted this on Carrscorner, a friend emailed me a picture of a sofa. He asked: "What do you think of this sofa?"

I emailed back to him the details that I liked. It was a wonderful sofa.

He sent me another email and said, "Gene, did you notice the naked lady sitting on the sofa?"

I actually, no my wife was not looking over my shoulder so I had to pretend, I actually did not see the naked lady sitting on the sofa.

So, I would like to say that I have no idea at all what Sofadoc is talking about, however...

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

bobbin

Mastery of the little head is the first step in the making of an attractive man. 

Way to go, guys!

Peppy

We often talk of 'THOSE' kind of estimates.

'I'm here to deliver your sofa bed'

'Will you show me how it works???'
(cue sexy music)

It's never happened, but here's hoping! It's more like,

'Let me put the kettle on. Have a digestive biscuit.'
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

stitcher_guy

I work on old boats and old cars. usually owned by old men. I have no fun in life.  :D :D :D

Mojo

I have no fun either Russ so do not feel bad. :)

It is real tough being old. Thankfully some women feel sorry for us. :)

Chris

Darren Henry

QuoteI guess my libido is officially dead now. Nothing left to look forward to, but sitting in a rocking chair and dribbling

But your eye isn't black and still get warm gruel to gum ,"cause she loves ya. It ain't all bad.

Quote"Gene, did you notice the naked lady sitting on the sofa?"

I saw the naked chick once, and just got PO'ed because I wanted to build that piece of furniture and didn't know how to cut her out of the picture  :'(
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!