Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 08, 2024, 07:57:38 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

What did we do?

Started by scottymc, December 07, 2010, 09:56:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scottymc

Well OPRA just landed in Australia, what have we done to deserve this. What sort of cruel trick is it to send her over here, I can't believe this, she bought her own audience. Bring out the Koalas, please take her back. :o

kodydog

I saw that in the paper today. Shes taking her own audience of 300. Doesn't she have any fans over there. It says their going to enjoy a beach side barbie. I wonder what Oprah would look like on a surf board. Hmmm.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

scarab29

Hey , if I had Opras money , I'd have to do the same. That is fly a planeload of people on a vacation !!!!
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

scottymc

Now here's where you get to laugh at those dummies down under, the Aussie taxpayer has chipped in 4million dollars to pay for the trip on top of supplying 2 qantas jumbos to fly the audience out here. But then it is not as much as they paid tiger woods last year 'ten million' and he only had to bring one mistress, we got for a bargain price this year, only 3 mil.
The whole idea of paying oprah is to promote tourism to a country that is in reccession with a week dollar, I'm sure you'all are just gunna jump on a plane and come down here after seeing her show. Politicions , spending our money on the things that matter, it's a global thing.

SHHR

Quote from: scottymc on December 07, 2010, 09:56:38 pm
Well OPRA just landed in Australia, what have we done to deserve this. What sort of cruel trick is it to send her over here, I can't believe this, she bought her own audience. Bring out the Koalas, please take her back. :o

I'd like to send deepest apologies on behalf of America, However you ain't gotta keep her, but please don't send her back!
Kyle

Mojo

Please keep her and when Tiger goes down under again keep him as well.

Hell, since we are going to help populate OZ let us also send you our President and his entire cabinet along with 435 other incompetent idiots who populate the halls of the nations Capital. Keep them. All of them.
Build them some mansions in Alice Springs or out yonder so they have a view of Aiers Rock.

Can you send us another Olivia Newton John, Nicole Kidman, Tina Arena and Delta Goodrem ?

Thanks Mate. Take care of this and its my shout cobber. :)

Chris

Cheryl

I think Chris is  onto something here..  ;)
   Laughter does a heart good, like a medicine...  Laugh often.  Cry when you need to...  but Love always.

sofadoc

Hey, just be glad we didn't throw in Dr. Phil!!!
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

scottymc

No Chris, you can't have Tina Arena. You can have the others, don't even think about Kylie. Also keep your hands off Dame Edna Everage, a real Lady. We'll take all your politicians, we'll dig a deep hole for them in the desert and all of our pollies will follow them into it , they have followed them everywhere else. Well I have just been told that oprah is going too have lunch in our town in a few hours, the 8 helicopters have just gone past to view the twelve apostles then they are coming back here land a the small airport across the paddock from our place, my wife has dared me to give her a typical Apollo Bay welcome, so if you see a guy on the news running across a paddock to greet her chopper wearing a diving mask a snorkel  a pair of flippers and nothing else, that's me.  :P

regalman190

Quote from: scottymc on December 08, 2010, 12:30:03 pm
Now here's where you get to laugh at those dummies down under, the Aussie taxpayer has chipped in 4million dollars to pay for the trip on top of supplying 2 qantas jumbos to fly the audience out here. But then it is not as much as they paid tiger woods last year 'ten million' and he only had to bring one mistress, we got for a bargain price this year, only 3 mil.
The whole idea of paying oprah is to promote tourism to a country that is in reccession with a week dollar, I'm sure you'all are just gunna jump on a plane and come down here after seeing her show. Politicions , spending our money on the things that matter, it's a global thing.

And, why should your politicians be any different than ours?  :o
Regal Canvas

scottymc

December 09, 2010, 12:57:55 pm #10 Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:10:42 pm by scottymc
Quote from: regalman190 on December 09, 2010, 10:07:54 am
Quote from: scottymc on December 08, 2010, 12:30:03 pm

And, why should your politicians be any different than ours?  :o

Well , that was the point I was trying to make that they are the same the world over, but I must not have the point across to well. Hey but I am an upholsterer, so I have a limited education . Although I don't think any of our politicians have called for anyone to be assassinated  lately. ;D  

Back to more important things, the choppers came , 12 of them, I wimped out I only mooned them. Oprah didn't come she was at Ulluru over seeing the hole their digging for the politicians she's meeting with the prime minister today, must be secret womens business.

bobbin

I like Oprah Winfrey.  I don't like everything about her but overall, I think she's a decent person and I think she has guts that put her leagues ahead of many "stars".  She has come from very humble beginnings and she rose by way of her wits, her intellect, and her talent.  She's the "American Dream" and somehow, along the way, has managed to maintain a rapport with her fans that is the envy of many. 

As a woman (and a black one!) she has sucked it up when she's had to and she's flexed her celebrity "muscle"when its been necessary and when she's wanted to make a point.  I like that!  And yet, somehow, she's never lost her ability to connect with people, "common people", her fan base... people with "no voice". 

She's never flinched from discussing issues that are "hard", "controversial", and she's always managed to bring a level of humanity and civility to any discourse.  Say what you will about her... I think she's terrific.  And as a woman, I love that she's not only famous, but an eloquent speaker for so many issues that are so central to free-thinking, thoughtful women the world over!

sofadoc

Do you think Oprah would have those prize give-away shows if it didn't mean a HUGE ratings spike for her?  Don't take too long to answer, it's NO!    NO!    NO!    NO!    NO!   NO!   NO!   NO!   NO!   NO!   NO!   NO!   NO!   NO!   NO!   NO!

bobbin

If you were as rich and as powerful as she is do you seriously think "ratings" would matter any more than bird crap on the wind shield of your car means to you? 

Grow up, dummies.  It's not about the money (she has way more than she needs) or the ratings (they are no longer important to her).  She's way beyond that stupid stuff.  She doesn't need "ratings" any more; she's now rich and popular enough to buy her own network... do you fools live in caves? lol.  Or are you just that freaked out by a woman who is as successful as she is?  C'mon, boys... get real, you're so transparent.   

She has lived by the sword of ratings and she may well die by the very same sword.  I dunno.  I don't really care.  I do know, however, that I won't be one of the people paying for the channel that carries her new program.  She's not that important to me.  But I still think she's terrific. 

But I think she is an amazing woman.  She's everything I like:  smart, well-read, funny, and still able to connect with the people in her audiences on a basic, "down home" level. 

sofadoc

Oprah is taking quite a chance by starting up a network that will require a subscribership. Most of her fans are probably like Bobbin. They love her, BUT will they pay extra to see her?
I love pro football, BUT I won't pay extra for the NFL network.
I doubt that she is fronting ALL of the money to start her new network. I'm sure that she has a ton of investors. And they will expect to see a profit. Even if she doesn't care about ratings, she has a responsibility to those investors (who care VERY much).