Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:25:55 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Update on PTFE Fiberglass Thread

Started by Mojo, December 06, 2010, 08:48:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I got the thread today and sewed with it a little to test it out. The color is a bronze tan.

I found no difference between it and poly 92. Actually it felt like Poly as well and wasn't wirey like tenara. It is a triple wound thread and the PTFE bond is very good. No fallout from the thread. Actually I had a difficult time separating the strands to see how many there were.

I was sewing with 92 Poly and switched threads and added just a touch more tension. Other then that it sewed great.

25 lbs of strength, easy to sew and excellent heat and UV ray protection. It is a great alternative to Tenara if your not top stitching. $ 15 bucks you cannot go wrong. :)

I see the guy still has over 10 available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110480305932&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

If you do buy some from him, be sure to click the " make offer " button and make your offer $ 15.

Chris