Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:59:42 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Newbee???

Started by kodydog, November 25, 2010, 09:31:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

I'm sure this has been addressed before but I've been all over this website trying to figure out what dictates a users position status. I'm considered a "newbie" even though I've been in the business over 20 years.

I guess it must have something to do with how many postings you create. This seems a little odd because when a true newbie, some one who's picking up a tack hammer for the very first time, is asking for advice they might see newbie and think, will this guy doesn't have much experience.

If it is the number of postings it seems some "newbies" are going to post a bunch of worthless messages (like this one) :P just to get their position changed.

Don't get me wrong. I think its a great web site. Just wondering how long will I be a newbie.

My wife wants to know is a newbie like a wedgie?
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Grebo

Yes I believe it's just down to post count.
I sure aint no God  :P

sofadoc

November 25, 2010, 10:04:28 am #2 Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 10:07:02 am by sofadoc
You are a Newbie until you reach 50 posts.
Then you become a Junior member.
At 100, you're a full member. At 250, you're a Senior member.
At 500, you're elevated to the lofty status of Yabb God.
And yes, it's true that the difference between someone who is an upholstery novice, and someone who has less than 50 posts is a bit confusing.
We have Newbies here, who have many years of upholstery experience. Conversely, we have Yabb gods who only dabble in the biz.
Welcome to you, and TimsTrim. You guys have already hit the ground runnin' with some interesting posts. Keep 'em comming.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

When you reach 1,000 posts then Darren buys you a steak dinner, Greg gives you a new machine, Richard sends you a coffee mug and because June and Mike are our wealthy Marine stitchers, they buy you a new Porsche. :)

BTW, I am still waiting on everything from all these people so don't get your hopes up. :)

Chris

kodydog

Can't wait Mojo. At least one good thing, when I screw up a post like I think I just did (didn't notice there were two pages when I replied) every one can look and say ah newbie.

MinUph

Welcome aboard Kodydog.
  I have no idea what I am, don't look at that much, but I know how to cut rags and get them on furniture. Been doing it most of life and that is a few years.
  Have fun pitch in we all need questions answered on occasion. Maybe you will have a question for one of us. We love to hit the reply button and help a fellow rag tacker.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Cheryl

Can I count all my posts from BC?   (Before Crash) .. I racked up  a few thousand  back  then..    gee..   a porsche??  SWEET!   (make mine  red -- THANKS!!)   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Laughter does a heart good, like a medicine...  Laugh often.  Cry when you need to...  but Love always.

Mojo

Quote from: Cheryl on November 25, 2010, 02:20:59 pm
Can I count all my posts from BC?   (Before Crash) .. I racked up  a few thousand  back  then..    gee..   a porsche??  SWEET!   (make mine  red -- THANKS!!)   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stand in line Cheryl. I cannot get June or Mike to shake loose of their millions. I half suspect I will be getting a Porsche from them in a model car version bought at a dollar store. :)

Chris

Cheryl

Quotemodel car version bought at a dollar store.

;)

Laughter does a heart good, like a medicine...  Laugh often.  Cry when you need to...  but Love always.

ragtacker

I'm with Cheryl - I started posting around the same time she did (BC - before crash!)  I have a model of an XKE in the shop as "encouragement"!

kodydog

How come I get a feeling all I'm gonna get is a hand full of loose sofa change.

Mike8560

i t hought i was around before 2004 heck imoved to fl in may 04  when was the crash?

Cheryl

Hmm...    I have slept since then.. so . um..  but I do know Jan was  there before me.. and I think I first joined in 03..  yeees... it was 2003..  :)

JuneC

Quote from: Mojo on November 25, 2010, 04:49:26 pm

Stand in line Cheryl. I cannot get June or Mike to shake loose of their millions. I half suspect I will be getting a Porsche from them in a model car version bought at a dollar store. :)

Chris

Shoot.  Now I have to go buy a few cases of Cracker Jacks to see if I can come up with that Porsche you want.   ::)  Maybe I'll spend a dollar on the lottery.   

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

sofadoc

I heard that Mike buys a new boat every time his old one gets wet. :D

Speaking of Cracker Jacks, anybody remember the little red cannisters of peanuts that had either a penny, nickel, dime, or quarter in them? What were they called?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban