Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:28:33 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Doing some Alpha seats

Started by 206RB, November 23, 2010, 03:42:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

206RB

Customer wanted all new foam. The cushion foam is available, but not the backrests! Here's the finished b/r's

I made a mold and poured new foam:

Saddleman

Very Cool!  Tell me more about your foam molding....Materials used, material sources...etc

Thanks,

Loren

206RB

Sure, Loren.
I made a mold box out of plywood and a "plug" out of starboard, Then used plaster of paris to make the mold. I used Smooth on flex foamit X for the finished product. There's lots of videos on their site on how to do it.

Saddleman

Great ideas.  I have used some of Smooth On's molding materials before but not their foam.  Thanks for sharing.

Loren

206RB

Quote from: Saddleman on November 24, 2010, 05:23:15 am
Great ideas.  I have used some of Smooth On's molding materials before but not their foam.  Thanks for sharing.

Loren

Loren, depending on the demand, you could incorporate those gel pacs into the mold very easily. That would be a fun project.
Mike

seamsperfect

Looks good if you are doing Alfa Romeo seats just an FYI make sure you spell it Alfa. Alfa  guys hate it spelled otherwise. ::)
Kevin