Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:15:35 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

My first pattered cover

Started by Mike8560, November 14, 2010, 10:09:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

November 14, 2010, 10:09:04 am Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 04:18:12 pm by Mike8560
Well here  ismy first real pattern job After I got home
a mooring cover we installed today.it turned out ok I think
I'll be fine as long as work keeps comming in

edit photos

JuneC

Mike, looks terrific.   :D  You keep it up - work is probably the best therapy you could be doing.  If you get slow, let me know - I'll send you patterns, you can send me covers/enclosures/whatever.  It appears to be gearing up for a hectic season on this side.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

NDAV8R

Hey there Mike:
Good Job!  Looks great! You would never tell it was a cover done by a man of your health difficulties.  Keep challenging yourself to what I see a TOTAL recovery...we are ALL rooting for you.

Gale.
Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!

Highvelocity

Mike,

Was that a full pattern job?  or did you do a half pattern?

Ed
Boats Love Hundred Dollar Bills

Mike8560

thanks all
i trusted my patterns and all came out right  the key was tro mark evrything on the pattern  i forgot one thing the centerline but with enought reference marks you can fix that.

ed i only patterned the port side from the console window forward
then the windoe to the back
then the railijng to the rubrail on the bow and then the busrail down

all down fron in the boat and only the left side.

Mojo

As always, awesome work Mike.

I have a theory when it comes to these strokes. Keep straining your brain and it will find a way to make new connections around the damaged ones. The more you work it the better it gets.

Great job Mike.

Chris

regalman190

Awesome work Mike. I must say..."you're incredible"
Regal Canvas

Peppy

☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

Peppy

Also I wanted to say,

Quote from: Mike8560 on November 15, 2010, 07:59:11 am
i forgot one thing the centerline but with enought reference marks you can fix that.

Thats awesome. Thought about that all day and I think I might know what you mean. Too cool.
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

Mike8560

November 16, 2010, 06:35:43 pm #9 Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 08:16:22 pm by Mike8560
Peppy when I patterned the front half in the front from the window forward to the bow.  
I marked the center of the  ot o the  thenpsttern at the rail but forgot to mark the center at the window between the t top bit I remembered it was 33" between the t top  at the front so 1/2 of that was the center mark ale it matched the center mark and markings o. The rear section that mated up with it.
in the  past I messed a mark like a  dot on A piece. If you mark e erything you can lay the top oTter  pTtern piece next to it and align the marks and find the missing mark.
Making a pattern like I think you do ( the who canvas top and side window and backdrop one whole side at once) you would need to do this or have this problem but I'll pTtern a top tKe off the plastic then do the windows ect.