Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 02, 2024, 11:43:48 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Tail wagging the dog

Started by Peppy, November 16, 2010, 03:32:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Peppy

We 'declined' this client today, and sent him on his way. He was at the storage shop up the road and went through town on the way home. I ran out to get a picture.

I guess as he passed the beer store he got thirsty. He stopped, not sure if thats where he went though.

Some rig. As a fer instance- The boss wiggled the rudder and the guy says "DON"T! You'll break it!" "My point exactly."
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

bobbin

Too bad he didn't know how to outfit that Town Car with a decent towing rig.  Those suckers would pull just about anything up to the space shuttle, for Pete's sake!

And aside, a guy I know who races Standarbreds hauls his trailer with a mint Town Car (late 70s), but it's outfitted for trailering horses, gear, and feed. 

gene

November 16, 2010, 06:56:35 pm #2 Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 06:58:24 pm by gene
That is unbelivable. Are people like that the same on the water? I wonder if he has a box of plastic garbage bags on his boat and tells the people on his boat that if it starts to sink, just blow up one of the plastic garbage bags and use it for a PDF.

I would hate to be sitting in the back seat of that car. I would hate to be in the car in front of that car. I would hate to be in the car behind that car.

What's the last thing a redneck says just before he's taken to the hospital? "Hey everybody. Watch this!" OR, "Sure, my car can tow anything."

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike8560

My d shop in NH had a boat da p right there we had some funny sights one time a saw a guy haul a boat out with a toranado old nif front wheel drive car.  Fhenfront tire were spinning do he had his rather large wife sit on the hood for fraction with a lot full audience.  Lol

Allan

He  is probably lucky he has a tri axle trailer otherwise he would be dragging the arse of the car along the ground

Allan

fragged8

November 17, 2010, 12:22:08 pm #5 Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 12:24:47 pm by fragged8
hehe

i do wish you hadn't told that story Mike :-)

I have a front wheel drive van that i tow my boat with
but my wife is so skinny it wouldn't do any good
getting her to sit on the front for traction  ;D

and yes the wheels so spin a little on a slip ,

perhaps i shouldn't have admitted to that ! :o

Peppy, you should photoshop the sign in the first pic
to be the ' FFS store'  hehehe

Mike8560

Rich here we like v8  pickups with four wheel drive at the ramps.  

fragged8

November 18, 2010, 02:30:04 pm #7 Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:31:39 pm by fragged8
hiya

I'd love a V8 but the fuel cost here is massive,

years ago a pal had a V8 rover SDI which was an
english car with a small block Chevy engine of around
215 ci the same engine was used in Range rovers and
Land Rovers. the sound
was fantastic but the fuel gauge had to be ignored heheh

my van is a turbo Diesel about 80 ci but i get 55mpg
and it accelerates pretty well because of the turbo.

stitcher_guy

But, but, but..... that IS my customer base.

;D ;D ;D