Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 02, 2024, 11:49:39 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Hey furniture guys check out this furniture!

Started by Peppy, November 13, 2010, 11:25:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Peppy

☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

seamsperfect

bobbin

Italian design is second to none.  They make some absolutely gorgeous wood stoves, too!  I like contemporary furniture from a design standpoint but I'm not sure I could live with it on a daily basis... it screams hotel to me, not "home".   I wonder how long it would take us to "lose" a cat with that stuff in the house...  ;)

Mojo

Quote from: bobbin on November 13, 2010, 01:02:50 pm
Italian design is second to none.  They make some absolutely gorgeous wood stoves, too!  I like contemporary furniture from a design standpoint but I'm not sure I could live with it on a daily basis... it screams hotel to me, not "home".   I wonder how long it would take us to "lose" a cat with that stuff in the house...  ;)

I have to agree with Bobbin. I thought the engineering in some of those products were awesome and I sometimes wonder why they have never been adopted in RV's where space is at a premium. But to adapt them to my home, no thanks. :)

I am not a contemporary kind of guy but rather an old fart. I like old stuff and love antique furniture. But I still enjoyed seeing it. ( Thankfully my wife likes old stuff too which is why she probably stays married to me :)

I have traveled the world and been in a lot of homes and trust me, these designs would work well for some of the places I have been in. We are pretty spoiled here with our large homes but in some places I have seen, our closets could serve as bedrooms so I can see why they are a hit overseas.

There were some very cool designs ( I loved the fold up coffee table ). Thanks for posting.

Chris

mike802

Chris: while I was watching the video I was thinking the same thing, this guy should be designing things for RV's.  Now my bus conversion project just got much more involved :o  I would love to incorporate some of these ideas, I love the hide a bunk bed in the sofa ;D
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

Peppy

The bunk bed is my favorite too. Somebody has to request a price. I'm dying to know. I bet a bigger house costs less.

fragged8

hiya

is it just me or does it remind you of the
designs of the 60's

Rich

gene

They could be great for college dorms.

Anytime a description ends with the word "system", it is going to be expensive.
A desk system.
A computer table system.

I do not want to pull my bed out of a wall in order to go to bed.

I also thought about my cats. LOL

Peppy, there's not much upholstery going on with those items. Your post is kind of like if I said, "Hey boat people check out this boat!", and it's a video of a canoe.

Actually, I appreciated seeing those designs. Thanks for the post.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Grebo

Thanks for the link, I have just sent it to a friend in France, only 1 hours drive to Italian border. If he gets any prices I will let you know  ;D

Peppy

JASS

I can see where this would work in a dorm or a travel trailer, why not take it one more step?  Racers pretty much live in their hauling vehicles during the season, I know some racers that would love to use some of this stuff.

gene

Yes sir, Peppy. A canoe is a boat. One of the peak moments in my life is whenever I put my gear in the center of my 17 foot kevlar canoe. I put my butt on the bow seat, facing the stern. I push off from the dock. I take the first of many J strokes, and then I am off for 5 to 8 days of pure heaven on earth.

I have rigged a sail, but I have never asked someone to fit her with a bimini. But now that I'm thinking about it, why not?

gene

Peppy

There you are Gene! Think big! How about an enclosure? You could weekend in it! With it all buttoned up it'd sail you around too I bet! Two for one!

gene

I agree Peppy.

With all that additional rigging she'd be quite top heavy. I could increase the depth of her hull. I would certainly go around and around unless I added a keel. And with all that weight I would definitely need one or two outdoor motors. A berthing compartment of course. And a lavatory. And a galley - why be limited to having to cook all my meals on shore.

The only problem would be those really long portages. My back is starting to spasm just thinking about it.

gene