Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 02, 2024, 11:27:36 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Help with a wing back chair

Started by RussW, November 05, 2010, 01:26:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RussW

A referral just called and said she has a wing back chair and would like me to recover it. Been awhile since I've done furniture, so I am asking if anyone can estimate the time for a job like this before I look at it. Don't want to cut myself short on a cost estimate. any help would be appreciated. I did ask if it was a love seat or sofa and she said no, just a chair.
Thanks
Russ

gene

Wing back chairs have taken me 6 hours to 12 hours. There are many, many different styles and features.

You may spend more time than someone who does them a lot.

I had two wing back chairs earlier this year, book ends, that had quilted fabric stapled into an oak frame with those cheap wire staples. It took me 3 1/2 hours each, just to take the old fabric off. I used my air chisel to take off a lot of the fabric!

Probably my best advise is to see the piece of furniture before you say anything about your prices.

Good luck.

Gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!