Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 09:01:46 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

206RB5 taking chunks

Started by nyuphol, October 30, 2010, 12:40:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nyuphol

how do I get my consew 206RB5 stock foot from taking a chunk out

of the vinyl when im going to top stitch and going over a double folded seam

and the machine jumps when its really not to much of a bump....

Any input would be great help

SHHR

Is the foot smooth or serrated on the bottom? When I bought my machine it was serrated and it would chew up some top stitching, but not all. I changed it out for a smooth bottom one and it works great now. As for jumping, are you talking about when sewing across another seam or a spot with multiple layers? Mine again will jump and I even broke two needles on a pool cover repair this week sewing through 3 layers of vinyl and three layers of poly webbing. I just had to stop and hand wheel the machine through and it worked fine.

Hope this helps,
Kyle

jojo

Have you considered the presser foot pressure setting? on my singer 111w155 it's a thumbscrew on top of the machine. I was having similar problems with my machine (after moving across the country) when i realized the movers had screwed that all the way in! Backed it off a few turns and now it works fine.

fingers

My Pfaff will tear the vinyl on welt as I go around sharp corners. Not your machine I know but in this case simply lifting the foot via my knee relieves the pressure and solves the problem.
Jojo seems to have a good starting place with foot pressure and Kyle with wheeling by hand for a few stitches.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Factory standard foot is smooth with slot in front of inside foot.  As for jumping....not sure what you mean. 

scarab29

November 01, 2010, 08:45:38 am #5 Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:42:10 pm by scarab29
gotta be the foot. I get that with one of my welting feet sets. Recently bought a new set from Greg (above post ) and it is shaped a bit different on the back of the big foot where the material was bunching up , no more , problem solved.

I just looked at the keysew site and remembered I bought the welt set with the back cut out. Thets what made the difference and kept the material from bunching up when you go over intersecting seams and thick layers. Other than this I prefer the origional foot set.
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.