Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:44:44 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Welt foot issue

Started by MinUph, November 06, 2010, 07:36:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

I'm having a hard time with a welt foot of my Consew 205RB. The foot is 3/16 and I'm using 5/32 fiber flex type cord and when sewing it the foot runs off and or over the cording. I am using a lightweight fabric. I have never experienced this before but this machine is fairly new to me. Is the foot the wrong size? Is it a foot pressure thing? The cording is nice and firm.

Thanks for any help you might offer.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

DH

November 06, 2010, 07:55:35 am #1 Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 07:59:43 am by DH
Hi Paul,
 I have a 206RB and I use a 1/4'' welt foot with 5/32'' cord with no issues. I have tried using a 3/16'' foot with 5/32'' cord before and had the same issue that you are describing.

Dewayne

sofadoc

Yeah, I use a 1/4" welt foot on 5/32 welt with my JUKI. I think moving up to 1/4" will take care of it.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Yes, 5/32 cord is best sewn with 1/4 cord foot.  I have for the Consew 205RB if you are looking for a set.

MinUph

Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on November 06, 2010, 11:57:04 am
Yes, 5/32 cord is best sewn with 1/4 cord foot.  I have for the Consew 205RB if you are looking for a set.

Yes Gregg,
  I emailed you.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Good deal.  I'll get back with you on Monday with price and avaiblity ASAP.  I'm sure I have stock, but have to get the price.

Mojo

Paul:

If you want to use one of mine, buzz on over and pick it up. I am not going to need one for a couple weeks.
Mine will fit on your 206.

Let me know.

Chris

MinUph

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the offer but I'm all set for now. I got through what I needed and will probably order one from Greg.

Where exactly are you anyway. I have a small garage shop in Spring Hill and work in Tarpon. You may have told me b4 but I forget.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mojo

I am just off 50 right near the Suncoast parkway.

Chris

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

November 07, 2010, 06:50:35 pm #9 Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 06:52:23 pm by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing
Quote from: Mojo on November 06, 2010, 05:37:06 pm
Paul:

If you want to use one of mine, buzz on over and pick it up. I am not going to need one for a couple weeks.
Mine will fit on your 206.

Let me know.

Chris

Chris,

That is a kind and generous offer, but Consew 206Rb and 205rb feet are different, and not interchangeable.

Mike8560

Quote from: Mojo on November 07, 2010, 03:12:45 pm
I am just off 50 right near the Suncoast parkway.

Chris
Bolth thiise roads are forum to me.

Mojo

Greg:

Just went back and re-read Paul's post. I seen it was a 205. I thought it read 206...........:)

Opp's.  ;D

Chris

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Yeah yeah, yeah, parts are sent, invoice is in the mail, 206RB feet on the wa...oh, no wait, damn!@#    ;D

I always tell people to try things out for themselves when they have the chance.  I had a guy for a short while on the phone going between Juki and Consew machines.  He was coming in to pick up one or the other in a few days.  I told him to come in, try both, and decide for himself.  Until you can see, touch, feel, and use both, you don't really have any basis for making a comparison.  Numbers, specs and sales brochures usually only add to the confusion in most cases.