Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 02, 2024, 11:12:02 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Boat seat heaters

Started by JuneC, September 29, 2010, 08:08:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

Anyone have any experience with these???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170541521341&crlp=1_263602_263622&ff4=263602_263622&viewitem=&guid=e9a9e3651280a0266e64dfc4ffd42ae9&rvr_id=147462696144&ua=%3F*F%3F&itemid=170541521341

Might be popular with winter coming along  (Darren, you hush now bout our "winters"... ;D )

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

who need that in a boat there long tucked away up north onve its cold out.

Funny side story though , My Chrysler LHS had heated leather seats and on one of my trip back to NH leaving Florida in mid january to get back up north for the winter ice fishing season at my shop. I did a 26 hour drive straight through and my Dad who was riding shotgun was gettign colder and coder as we headed north. me I was getting sleepy so had the widow cracked to help stay awake. well he was really starting to complain about the cold draft about 10 miles before  we got home when i said " you do have your seat heater on High right?" well  he didnt know   he had a seat heater and could have been cozy warm for all thoose miles. but he did have a nice last 10 miles. ;D we always laughed about that later on.  :)

Darren Henry

Quote(Darren, you hush now bout our "winters"... Grin )

Spoil sport  >:(  :(

Heated handlebars and thumb warmers have been popular options on snow mobiles for decades; but I don't know about about boat seats. Even in an enclosed boat by the time it gets cold enough to want to use them you are wearing enough clothes (ski pants etc) that they you wouldn't get the full effect. I suppose they would be okay for the in between temps like ≈ 50 º F .
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Peppy

I've never liked the idea of seat heaters. Cooks your poo.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

JuneC

What brought this idea on is my having to reconfigure a couple of bucket seats for a flats boat for a guy with a bad back.  Now I just love the heaters in our Yukon and was thinking it would be terrific in the boat for those chilly days when we're out late, or for this guy with the bad back. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Miami Mike

Seat Heaters and Coolers

We stock these. I will need to see if they can be used in the marine markets. We sell these in the auto now.

#ISSH Carbon Fiber Heater

#ISCF In seat Colling Fan

WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

Miami Mike

ISSH >> our Carbon Fiber seat heaters will work for Marine  ;D ;D  I will have one at the MFA Workshop in Travers City Mi, in two weeks.  So if your going you can look it over....

IFAI we will have one there as well. End of October 27,28 and 29th. Orlando Fl.
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna