Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:51:44 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Another Winter Cover

Started by PDQ, February 09, 2012, 09:36:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PDQ

February 09, 2012, 09:36:10 pm Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:37:09 pm by PDQ
Knocked this one up just after the other one I posted some time back.

A Nicholson 32 if I remember correctly.

I actually ran out of cloth for this one, thought I ordered enough to do both jobs but had to reorder from a different batch so there was a colour difference.  :'( In the shop the difference in colour was something I couldn't ignore so decided to come clean with the customer and inform him. He wasn't too fussed about it and went away a happy chappy with an extra year of free servicing for the error. Fitted the cover; Could hardly see the difference in daylight. :plonker:

Mike

nice job, they dont use shrinkwrap over there?  o used to be in new england aand did shrinkwrap for the cost one could have the boat covered by somone else for a number of year for the cost of somthing like yours and they would probly sell the boat before that. i have a friend who had me hrink him in oct 2003 he reuse dthe plastic for 8 years then he took some one year old plastic off a  neighbors boat, the guy was going to through it outso he took it.

PDQ

Quote from: Mike on February 21, 2012, 06:20:36 pm
nice job, they dont use shrinkwrap over there?  o used to be in new england aand did shrinkwrap for the cost one could have the boat covered by somone else for a number of year for the cost of somthing like yours and they would probly sell the boat before that. i have a friend who had me hrink him in oct 2003 he reuse dthe plastic for 8 years then he took some one year old plastic off a  neighbors boat, the guy was going to through it outso he took it.

Thanks.
Shrinkwrap? Yep, it's been around here for years: http://www.marineshrinkwrapping.com/photo2010.htm
Mostly used for transport and some use it for winterising, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone reuse it.

Mike