Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:39:26 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Break time....

Started by stitcher_guy, September 06, 2010, 05:16:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ragtacker

A bit of history, Stitcher:  a few years back, many of us left here and went over to Jack Carr's site, because there were several practical jokers, and lots of extremely rude commentators.  Some of us have come back, because the site seems to be policed a little better.  The exchange of information on both sites is priceless to those of us in the business!   Even though my focus is furniture, I still find your comments very interesting and educational.  Please don't take any of the negative comments personally, no matter how they are addressed.  There is room for all of us here.

one of the OLD old-timers,
Jan

Peppy

Yo! Stitcherguy! Do what I do; when something pisses you off, or a thread bothers you- Scroll on, baby. Sometimes my little mouse wheel gets hot to the touch. Sorry guys, but I really don't care about a Consew 46d78g949f-vmn4id. Scroll on.

Till the day I buy one then I'll be all like, HEY HELP!!! I CAN'T THREAD MY CONSEW 6d78g949f-vmn4id!!!!!!

ps- Have I won a Tshirt yet? I really wanna go to work in another shops Tshirt. It'll give the boss piles. Do you ship to Canada?
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

sofadoc

Quote from: Peppy on September 08, 2010, 06:14:41 pm
Till the day I buy one then I'll be all like, HEY HELP!!! I CAN'T THREAD MY CONSEW 6d78g949f-vmn4id!!!!!!

I think, on all Consew models ending in vmn4id, you have to run the thread through the gangly sprocket before you wrap it around the synthesizer plate.
But I'm a little fuzzy on that model. Now, if it was a vmn3id, I could tell you for sure.
Does the stitch length have a ratcheting agitator? ???
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

walterharris

Hello All,

I have a permanent staying/working permit in Netherlands. I have my own one man company een man zaak here and I am living in Netherlands more than 7 yrs.

A company from UK asked if my work permit allows me to work full-time in UK.

Where can I find such an information?

PS: I am Turkish citizen
Best Regards
Gokhan

stitcher_guy

Ok. Break time is over. I had a load of work to do in the shop (two weeks ago, I put in a 40-hour non-stop day to get a 41 Plymouth truck done). Had some help from a friend the last couple weeks since cleaning the shop and getting some organizing done, so feeling a bit less frazzled. He's wanting to work for me parttime. We're considering it. With his help the last two weeks we got the interior in the 41 (my wife wouldn't let me drive the 30-miles to the truck on my own after staying up. He said on the way home I passed out for about 20 minutes, LOL.). Also did two full convertible tops, tore apart a 62 Impala top. Completed an interior in a 63 Ford Galaxy, cleaned the shop and did a slew of daily work.

As for posting on here, yep, EVERYONE IS RIGHT. Just because one person does their best to ruffle feathers and be the Devil's Advocate on everything, doesn't mean I have to listen to them and put any stock whatsoever in anything they say. I've been lurking around and keeping up and noticed "hey, he left." But nope. Saw a post from him today. Oh well. Not my problem and don't really care what he has to say. As for everyone ELSE....RussW, congrats on the win with the truck you did in 08. Mike, glad that you're set up in the home shop and still busting out great projects. Mojo, COME VISIT!!! Darren, good to see you posting more regularly. Kevin, your seats in the beemer are awesome. BTW, have you gotten a call from a guy I sent to you? He was asking on another forum where to go for BMW interiors...DUHH.

Alright, I hope no one wrote me off for good. LOL, I've got WAY too much time invested in this place tossing in my two cents worth to let one bonehead ruin it.  BE GOOD ALL. Peace, love and tacos.

gene

October 03, 2010, 05:48:12 am #20 Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 05:53:28 am by gene
It really p!sses me off when people use the word 'taco' in their complimentary closing!!!

Just joking!

The movie "Hoosiers" stars Gene Hackman as an old basketball coach who is hired by a small town in Indiana. The towns folk do not like the fact that he is coaching the way he wants to, instead of the way they want him to.

In one scene a townsman says to Hackman, something like: "If a man goes outside and howls at the moon, that is none of my business. But if that man comes into my living room and howls at the moon, then I am forced to do something about it."

I always look at the internet, and everything on it, as being outside. Even if I am sitting in my living room, the internet is not. So, anytime someone howls at the moon on the internet, I ignore them. They are outside.

If someone on the internet begins to bother me, then I see that as my problem. I am inviting them into my living room and I do what I can to stop that.

I read every post on this forum, and I missed what the issues were about that are referred to in this thread. I guess I have gotten pretty good at ignoring people who are standing outside howling at the moon.

Gene a.k.a. The Taco Belch Kid
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on October 03, 2010, 05:48:12 am
I read every post on this forum, and I missed what the issues were about that are referred to in this thread.

Many of the posts that caused issues have mysteriously dissappeared. Just as well. Welcome back stitcher.
Speaking of mysteriously dissappearing....where's Bobby?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

Quote from: gene on October 03, 2010, 05:48:12 am

I always look at the internet, and everything on it, as being outside. Even if I am sitting in my living room, the internet is not. So, anytime someone howls at the moon on the internet, I ignore them. They are outside.

If someone on the internet begins to bother me, then I see that as my problem. I am inviting them into my living room and I do what I can to stop that.
I have gotten pretty good at ignoring people who are standing outside howling at the moon.

Good way of looking at it. I like it.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

stitcher_guy

LOLOL....Gene, all I could see of your post when I opened it on my screen was your very first line. I looked at it for a second and thought "what the????" Then read the "just joking" and about fell over laughing.

I completely agree with the outlook on the internet. Anytime I am reading information, chatting with someone, posting information, whatever, I take it with a grain of salt (you just know that super model is a 43yo, bald, fat sweaty upholsterer talking to you). This forum is a little closer to home, though and I take things more to heart. I didn't realize how much time I've spent on it over the years. Considering that September was 10 YEARS I've been in the business (hmmm, gee, that's the same amount of time I've had PRO Stitch up and running) I've been on here a long time. People come and go, but there always seems to be a core who never stray too far. There is an enourmous wealth of information (even if I don't hang off the bow of a boat over the ocean to make a pattern) to be gleaned no matter how much time you have in the game.

regalman190

Welcome back stitcher_guy! Looking forward to learning more from you. And yes, there are a few on this board who think their way or their work is the best, and we're all wrong. And the way they present their so called advice is rude and abrasive. But if you notice, most  of them don't own their own business. Ignore and move on! Most of the "gang" on this board are cool and willing to help out.
Regal Canvas