Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 01, 2024, 12:14:53 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Help - Keder and Awning Cord

Started by Mojo, August 31, 2010, 06:42:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mojo

I know who I am calling the next time I cannot find something. The Google Goddess. :) Thanks June. That looks identical to what came off the old awning.

Thanks PDQ. Now the problem would be figuring out what they call that stuff in the USA. :)

Thank you to both of you. :)

Chris 

CKKC

Thanks Google Queen!!      That will help this newbie a lot.

Mike8560

JuneC

They may not be the cheapest supplier - just showed up on page one when I did my search.  Google "sling spline" to see lots of suppliers.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Miami Mike

I have samples on the way to make sure it's the right stuff. I will let you know. I have a a customer in SC that I will show it to. He uses it a lot in the outside furniture.  If it's the right stuff, i should be able to save you. But waiting on the sample.

Not sure how big the sample will be, but I will send it to you as well Chris.

Good job June.
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

Mojo

Mike:

If you can locate this stuff and stock it then your going to be Dah Man. :)

I just ordered 100 ft from the people June linked to but I would much rather buy from you if possible. I am trying hard to sole source if I can through Miami.

It takes approximately 80 ft of the spline material to do a Class A coach with 4 slides.

BTW Reanna at Recarsen sent me an envelope of tags for the Recacril along with a few dozen fliers to use in advertising.  That should get me started. I think I cleaned out Miami's supply. :)

If you can send me that sample then that would be awesome. if it is not the same stuff then I can send you a sample of what I bought.

Thanks Mike.

Chris