Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 01, 2024, 12:20:46 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

I registered my business name as a domain!

Started by hdflame, August 27, 2010, 08:53:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich

QuoteFinding a name can be real difficult. My only suggestion is to come up with a name that does not pigeon hole or limit you to an area of this trade.

I see that in a different way. My experience tells me that if it's a good area of business to focus on, then build your business name around it. When a person knows what they want they'll locate a business with a name that is specific to the work done or product sold more quickly. Also, since it zeroes in on the nature of the business it could represent expertise in that field to a potential customer. Many businesses have gone a long time with the same name through gradual changes and then will either modify or change the name when it's necessary. I say, make the most of the business you're after by naming your business to target that area, then change later on if it's really needed. The sales you realized with a targeted name will make up for any inconvenience a name change might cause.
But I do agree that finding the "right" name can be very difficult.
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!