Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 28, 2024, 08:17:00 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Consew 206 Thread Controller

Started by go_hercules, August 24, 2010, 03:52:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

go_hercules

Hi Everyone, I just joined the forum.  I bought a real nice Consew 206 RB-1 recently and have noticed a little problem.  The thread sometimes becomes slack enough that it jumps off of and falls under the thread controller.  That is the disc under the thread tension disk.  Anyone seen this or know what causes it?  Thanks a lot.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

If everything else is correct, it can only be one of two things; either you are not threading correctly, or the thread controller is defective.  If the controller has "SEIKO" stamped onto it, then it's likely the original, and that's a good thing.  Most of the defective thread controller disks are aftermarket.

Try this first. When threading the thread controller, from right to left, pinch off the thread, say before you get through the spool pin, or soon after than.  Then, pull the thread straight up at 12:00, and the thread should 'snap' behind the hook finger on the thread controller.  This will prevent the thread from going out under the disk.

Let me know this this helps.  This is not a common issue, and can certainly be corrected.

go_hercules

Hi, you hit the nail on the head.  I was not pulling the thread up enough to click it in behind the little fork on the thread controller.  I just let it loop up through the spring.  I tried it like you said and it works great.  Thanks very much for the help.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: go_hercules on August 25, 2010, 10:10:15 pm
Hi, you hit the nail on the head.  I was not pulling the thread up enough to click it in behind the little fork on the thread controller.  I just let it loop up through the spring.  I tried it like you said and it works great.  Thanks very much for the help.

Glad I could help.