Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 05:20:14 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Question about material for the MARINE people????? What should I use?

Started by hdflame, July 29, 2010, 09:12:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hdflame

Quote from: fragged8 on August 26, 2010, 02:41:08 pm
hiya

I've got some softouch odyssey at the workshop, i bought it for a screen cover on my boat
as the screen is made from acrylic not glass, I'm not sure it would be suitable for your
lap robe ? I think the wool backing would just deteriorate with use.

Rich

From what I've read on the Soft touch, it's like Sunbrella with a soft backing to keep from scratching paint.  I was thinking about making it two layers, with the inside layer against the paint.  But you think the soft side will wear off quickly??  I would have thought it would hold up better than that??

Anybody have any info on it's wearability?

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

Mojo

Bobby:

I had to go back and read the specs on the Softouch. The backing is polyester and seems pretty tough. I think it will wear well.

I am making a boat cover for my boat out of it.

I used Surlast on a tractor cover and it is wearing very well, despite the brutal Florida sun. :)

Why don't you order a couple yards of the softtouch from Rochford and give it a try. They currently have seconds on sale for $ 3.95 a yard.

Chris