Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:21:41 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Computers and work

Started by bobbin, July 24, 2010, 07:46:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mike802

P.S

Very important to back up regularly.  I use a cd so backups are not in my hard drive.  I have lost to much info to computer crashes in the past.  I am seriously considering having a second computer off line to protect it.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

MinUph

Good point Mike,
  Coming from a technical position I am all for backups. Many business owners do not understand the importance. Once you do loose it all then you tend to understand.
  I have several stages of backup. My Qbooks data gets backed up automatically by the program on exit to another computer in my office. Each Saturday I take these zip (password protected) them up and upload them to my web server to a secure area. If you have a website you more than likely have more than enough storage space going to waist anyway.
  I also make an image of my machine each week to an external hard drive. Windows 7 has this built in. In the past I used 3rd part software.
  I have way to much data to loose.
  Hard drives will die it is only a matter of when.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website