Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 09:05:12 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Marine vinyls

Started by jeepdoc, July 15, 2010, 08:09:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jeepdoc

Just wondering almost all marine vinyl samples I get are all softer styles i have a customer Ive shown hundreds of samples he wants more like what is on the seats now. Being a newbe I dont know how to answer him  is the more firm feeling more glossy look vinyl is avail any longer? a rodent chewed some of the corners now he wants to change the colors as well but he dosent like the softer faced  vinyls he is afraid it will be harder to clean.  Im hoping you guys know what Im talking about? Where could I look for something like that?

MinUph

Naugahyde has a pattern called Surfside that is stiffer and has a glossier look than the newer soft handed patterns. It is not high gloss. He might be looking for a real shiny vinyl like that found in reasturant seating 50s look, very smooth alomost like glass. Can't help with that. Also his might just be old and stiffened up due to the loss of softners from the sun.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Grebo

What sort of samples 'makes' are you showing him ?
I use nautolex products a lot (I don't have much choice) some of those are quite 'firm' . ie: Nautolex capitano. may be called something else 'over there'  ;D

JuneC

Like Grebo says, Nautolex Capitano is one of the firmer feeling marine vinyls.  But his vinyl is probably hard because it's old and dried out.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

jeepdoc

Thanks for the info I found some samples of nautolex forgot about those.