Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 11:09:55 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

lead pencil on vinyl

Started by Lynn, July 09, 2010, 05:02:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynn

Hi Everyone,
I have a problem that I hope someone can help with.
A client supplied a full set of replacement covers for his Correctcraft speedboat. He got the covers on a warranty claim twelve years ago (yes I did say twelve years!) and they have been sitting in a tote ever since.  Problem is the light grey vinyl was marked out using a regular lead pencil and now everywhere that it has touched over the years has left dirty marks. I have some really good vinyl cleaners and they aren't working. I tried varsol but that only works on oil, grease or glue marks. Of course the biggest piece in the boat - the doghouse- is the worse!
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Lynn
Life's too short.....let's go fishing!!!

Peppy

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I've had lots of luck with it. Worth a try anyway.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Grebo

Have you tried a pencil eraser, no I not being funny. It works great on stamoid  :D

PDQ

A dab of silicone spray on a rag and wipe off.

Lynn

Thanks everone!  Mr Clean Magic Eraser was the winner!

hdflame

Quote from: Lynn on July 14, 2010, 11:57:08 am
Thanks everone!  Mr Clean Magic Eraser was the winner!

I've heard lot's of positive comments on that.  I've got to get some and try it.

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

stitcher_guy

How did the MCME do with the finish? I've tried them a couple times on seating and it has scrubbed the coating off the vinyl and left a dull spot.

Lynn

I couldn't see any visible difference on the vinyl, but it was a matt finish, I guess it might make a difference on glossy finish vinyls.

Mike8560

ive also heard you dont want to use it regulaly on your vinyl as it will ruin it over time. majik eraser that is.