Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:15:59 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Introduction

Started by MinUph, July 04, 2010, 07:52:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

July 04, 2010, 07:52:38 pm Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 07:55:48 pm by MinUph
  Hello,

Just want to say Hi and introduce myself. Name is Paul. I had a shop in Syracuse NY for some 27 years and gave it up as I refused to lesson my quality to compete with the market. Have since moved to Florida where I took a job as an Upholsterer. Found I still like it and have decided to start up again. Bought a new machine, some tools and am waiting for the work :)
 Anyway.. I did mostly furniture and antique restorations. Marine and Auto. In Florida I think Marine and Bikes are where the work is so I'm pushing those.
 I've read allot here and find there are some artisans that frequent the forum. I look forward to reading more and answering anything I might be able to help with.
 Have a great day.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

JuneC

Welcome, Paul.   ;D  Where are you in Florida?  There's lots of marine work.  Visit a few marinas, boat yards and hand out business cards.  The work will follow.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

MinUph

Hi JuneC
  Thanks for the welcome. I'm in Spring Hill. Been passing out cards, stopped in a few marinas and will continue that route.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

fragged8

Hiya

Welcome in MinUph, I for one am always glad to see new faces.

especially ones that can teach me a thing or two  ;D

Regards
Rich
UK

Mojo

Springhill huh ?

I will give you all my Marine and auto business. I want nothing to do with it. I do pretty much just specialize in RV work as I only work in the winter months.

I am right next door to you in Brooksville ( about 5 miles away ). :)

This area needs a real good auto guy as well as someone who does quality marine work. I know of one other guy who does motorcycle seats and his work is awesome so motorcycle upholstery is another good bet. The RV side of things is tough around here. Alot of the campgrounds and resorts are low end so the owners do not spend much money. :( 

Why don't we meet up for breakfast sometime. If your interested in doing motorcycle seats I can put you in touch with some of the bikers in this area. I attend a lot of the bike events and bike nights in our area and would be glad to take you along with me. You can also hit a couple car shows with me as well.

Welcome aboard.

Chris

MinUph

Hi Chris,

Now this sounds like a great opportunity. I like breakfast and need work  ;D

Whats good for you? We could meet on 50 someplace.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website