Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:58:01 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

convertible top

Started by Unicorn, July 02, 2010, 12:01:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

I've taken on the task of installing a new top on a freshly restored '64 Studebaker cruiser. The old top has been removed in its entirety, and I was just reading through the instructions in the shop manual. Unlike the instructions for my '50, there is no measurement given to tell me where the rearmost bow should be positioned. This is not helpful. As well, the replacement top does not have a welt sewn across the bottom to lock it in to the moulding, and the instructions state emphatically that the screws are not to pierce the welt or the top - I have to assume from these instructions that the welt is what held it in place under the moulding, not the screws.
Any suggestions, recommendations, tips, pitfalls.....?
Any websites that might be helpful...?
I notice that the site where the top was purchased from a few years ago now includes instructions when you purchase the top.  Too bad they couldn't had included that in the first place!!!
Judy

stitcher-bob

Unicorn

Thank you!  That's exactly what I needed to know - have booked this site for future reference as well.   ;D