Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:17:53 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

brother/ chandler dy 337dby133

Started by dlll, June 15, 2010, 10:50:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dlll

hi all i have a chandler / brother dy 337  that was given to me for a project that i am doing for myself. I do embroidery and have several machines tajima brother and swf. I know needles for these. I am going to sew sunbrella 9.5 oz and use v69  or v932 thread  would like your thoughts on the thread to. my machine says to use 135\17 needle but dont think this is the correct size to use with this thread and material. i think the correct size would be around a 120 -130. i dont know if the shaft size is different in these sizes.  i did order some groz 135x17 also know as 75/11 . so if some one could give the the correct size and where to order them that would be great,

Timothy823

- I already referred this to my friend.

Regards

Timothy

hidebound

Gregg at Keystone will be able to answer any of your questions. Keystone has an add here under suppliers. Or Gregg may answer himself as he posts on this forum often.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

135X17 is the system, and yes NM130 / 21 is a good starting point for canvas. 

These needles are commonly sold in boxes of 100, but I have them broken up in packs of ten.

lamx

I didn't even realize 135x17 needles were sold in sizes as small as 11!  A size 11 needle is what my quilter wife uses to sew dainty quilter's cotton into quilt squares.  I doubt that a needle that small would hold up more than a few stitches sewing Sunbrella and I'm sure V69 thread wouldn't fit through the eye.

Ed

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: lamx on June 16, 2010, 09:07:56 am
I didn't even realize 135x17 needles were sold in sizes as small as 11!  A size 11 needle is what my quilter wife uses to sew dainty quilter's cotton into quilt squares.  I doubt that a needle that small would hold up more than a few stitches sewing Sunbrella and I'm sure V69 thread wouldn't fit through the eye.

Ed

135X17 is NM65 / 9 is available.