Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:21:55 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Nasty old bimini...

Started by Grebo, June 02, 2010, 05:26:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

June 02, 2010, 05:26:56 am Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 05:31:39 am by Grebo
I know we all have to learn but....
Some attempt was made to follow a frame line, but I don't know those frame  :P
Shame it seems to be nice material, I just cut the middle out to make the customer a stowage bag for his new bimini curtains  ;)

Some one paid for this !
Mind you makes me feel so much better  ;D

JuneC

Someone probably saw zips starting "off fabric" for an enclosure and thought it would be a good idea for a bimini.  For tight enclosures, having a 1" tail can be invaluable, but for bimini's, no so much...  The turned-under edge on the strap cutout isn't such a good idea either, given the shape, but I've seen that trick loads of times.  Does it not have a rain flap at all?  Looks like the bimini ends at the frame.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

PDQ

Looks like one of mine.  :P

JuneC

Quote from: PDQ on June 02, 2010, 06:12:48 am
Looks like one of mine.  :P

Well, then.... I think I happened across one of your old enclosures.  Pics tomorrow  :-X

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Grebo

Hi June, no rain flaps at all.
It's just so messy  ::) It has four short pockets for the pole & only two on each pole line up with it ??? the end pockets have not been cut to the right curve & are rucked up in the corners to make the bend.
And note the nice wavy edges  :-X   Don't they have straight edges in the Balearic's  :o

I think we could start a new section on how not to do it  :D
Or nightmare canvas   :P

Mike8560

I get to see some cheesey binmini on some oem deckboats. no flaps and they have me make forward top extentions that zip together. cost is a thing so we add no flap either not right but thats what they pay for

hdflame

>>I think we could start a new section on how not to do it, Or nightmare canvas  

I kinda like that idea!  Think of all the interesting pieces of junk that everyone comes across.  What better way to learn the right way, than to see a crappy example next to the way it should be!

What do you guys think?  Should I create a folder next to the "Green Room" for the "Junk Room"?  Might replace the Friday Funnies! ;D  Anyone want to put in some pics of what "NOT" to do, not just canvas, but anything?

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

Grebo

Quote from: hdflame on June 03, 2010, 06:24:53 pm
>>I think we could start a new section on how not to do it, Or nightmare canvas  

I kinda like that idea!  Think of all the interesting pieces of junk that everyone comes across.  What better way to learn the right way, than to see a crappy example next to the way it should be!

What do you guys think?  Should I create a folder next to the "Green Room" for the "Junk Room"?  Might replace the Friday Funnies! ;D  Anyone want to put in some pics of what "NOT" to do, not just canvas, but anything?

Yeh I like that, junk room.. sewing nasties.. How not to do it .... :D

Eric

Pictures of someone elses  canvas, and the customer is happy.