Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 25, 2024, 06:17:51 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Phaff 134-0-6

Started by rnye14, April 16, 2009, 06:49:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rnye14

I have an old Phaff 134-0-6 machine and I must say it is a sweet sewing machine.  My question is the bobbin case almost takes a "G" bobbin...I say almost as the bobbin is slightly to thick. Would a Consew 206 bobbin case fit the Phaff?  I would like to find a bobbin case that will take the G style disposable bobbins that will fit the Phaff 134-0-6.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Grebo

I wouldn't mess with changing bobbin cases as far as I know they are pretty machine specific  :-\

lamx

I have several Pfaffs and have never found another bobbin case that would interchange.  The Pfaff bobbin cases (and bobbins) are about a millimeter different in diameter from the closest substitute I have tried - just enough so the sub won't fit.

Ed

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

April 17, 2009, 06:11:56 am #3 Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 06:14:03 am by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing
Quote from: rnye14 on April 16, 2009, 06:49:06 pm
I have an old Phaff 134-0-6 machine and I must say it is a sweet sewing machine.  My question is the bobbin case almost takes a "G" bobbin...I say almost as the bobbin is slightly to thick. Would a Consew 206 bobbin case fit the Phaff?  I would like to find a bobbin case that will take the G style disposable bobbins that will fit the Phaff 134-0-6.  Anyone have any suggestions?

I have two great suggestions;

Number one, don't even think about trying to swap bobbins, bobbin cases, etc.  They will not work, and you will waste your time, and could potentially wreck your equipment.  Only use parts for your Pfaff 134 that are intended for your machine.

Second, if you are looking for pre-wound bobbins, your supplier should be able to recommend and offer pre-wound bobbins, in the size that is correct for your model machine.  If not, allow me to do their job for them;

Pfaff 134 uses;
STYLE H
Outside Diameter+  .859
Width Inches +  .348
Mfrs. bobbin Part Number T42336-04 (as per The Technical Committee of the Thread Institute, your supplier likely uses a different number, either intentional or unintentional)

Hope this information helps.

6mmintl

Hey guy's Im new here today and I just picked up a  PFAFF 134-0-6 sewing machine.

Guy said it was a medium duty upholstery/leather machine but am having some problems that I need a manual to set up so that it stiches consistently.

I have not used a machine like this since 1973/75 when I worked for Marley Hodgsen Trafalgar Ltd, Dooney and Bourke, as a leather Belt/Bag making apprentice.

Im not hobbying in leather accoutments for blackpowder shooting and various accessories for rifles.

Anyone know where I can get a copy/copied/PDF file of a manual for this machine?

A 138 is close to this model.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: 6mmintl on September 24, 2009, 04:40:28 pm
Anyone know where I can get a copy/copied/PDF file of a manual for this machine?

I have a owners for Pfaff 138, and want to send it to you, but your online profile has your email listed as hidden.   :(

Pfaff 134-0-06

Hello

We purchased a Pfaff 134-0-6 of course it stitched a few stitches at the store without a problem now all it does it make huge loops underneath...tension has been adjusted every which way.  Thread is very tight and not feeding once the feed dog is lowered, needle will not pick  up thread in fact it stops dead as if it is hitting something,  bobbin falls out of case. 

Does anyone have a threading diagram, manual, or any suggestions.  We have spent hours on this without figuring out what we are doing wrong and/or what problems the machine itself may have.  A Pfaff 138 manual hasn't helped, that model has several tension discs. Thank you very much

BigJohn

I'm not sure but it sounds a lot like when the safety clutch on my 1245 Pfaff disengaged, check it out!

kat

Quote from: 6mmintl on September 24, 2009, 04:40:28 pm
Hey guy's Im new here today and I just picked up a  PFAFF 134-0-6 sewing machine.

Guy said it was a medium duty upholstery/leather machine but am having some problems that I need a manual to set up so that it stiches consistently.

I have not used a machine like this since 1973/75 when I worked for Marley Hodgsen Trafalgar Ltd, Dooney and Bourke, as a leather Belt/Bag making apprentice.

Im not hobbying in leather accoutments for blackpowder shooting and various accessories for rifles.

I have a Pfaff 138 and here is a link http://www.buzzerco.com/pfaff/index.htm

Direct link to PDF instruction manual http://www.buzzerco.com/pfaff/pfaff-138.pdf

Pfaff 134-0-06

Hi
We have been looking for a Phaff 134-0-06 manual as well. 

We paid a nice price for it and have yet to use it for 15 minutes of sewing. Our issues is when lowering the needle it hits the case..Dropped it off for service and picked up today 10-5-09 it seemed fine at the repair center with ultra light cotton thread.  Once home we tried Gutterman's poly a very light  upholstery thread to size 18 needle on 2 pieces of a sail....sewed for a few seconds and once again the timining went off.  Quite frustrating!

We also purchased a Pfaff 130 dial a stitch, at the same time as the 134-0-6  It is like a little tank ...can be finicky with tension settings now and again, but overall a nice machine.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: Pfaff 134-0-06 on October 05, 2009, 05:13:10 pm
Hi
We have been looking for a Phaff 134-0-06 manual as well. 

We paid a nice price for it and have yet to use it for 15 minutes of sewing. Our issues is when lowering the needle it hits the case..Dropped it off for service and picked up today 10-5-09 it seemed fine at the repair center with ultra light cotton thread.  Once home we tried Gutterman's poly a very light  upholstery thread to size 18 needle on 2 pieces of a sail....sewed for a few seconds and once again the timining went off.  Quite frustrating!

We also purchased a Pfaff 130 dial a stitch, at the same time as the 134-0-6  It is like a little tank ...can be finicky with tension settings now and again, but overall a nice machine.

Did they ask up front what kind of work you are doing?  Did you provide them with thread and material samples?  This machine can be setup for very fine garment materials up to boat sail seaming, spinnakers, and similar with a 92 thread and a few layers of sail cloth.

This, and many other zig zag machines, can be very sensitive switching from heavy to light thread, needles, and materials. 

Balski

Hi guys and sorry for this severe case of thread necromancy, but this was the only decent result pulled up when I searched for a manual for the 134-0-6 on Google and other search engines. I haven't been able to find one online, so is it possible for someone to scan one if they still have one? I found a manual for a 138, which is close, but not quite the same.

Our machine is used for sewing marquees, and our main problem is the thread breaking when going through a thick combination of webbing and two layers of heavy canvas. A lot of the issue is to do with tensioning of the thread and lack of a walking foot, the machine is not quite up to the job.

But if anyone does know of a manual online, or if they have one that can be scanned, it would be be great to know. Thanks!