Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:58:56 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Parker Knoll Statesman reupholster costs

Started by Stealth01, April 10, 2023, 12:34:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Stealth01

Hi all, first post here. I've had a couple of Parker Knoll Statesman chairs in my garage for about 6 years. I bought them with the aim to get them refurbished.

Whilst passing a local upholstery shop in Southampton a few years ago, I enquired as to what the costs might be and was shocked at how expensive it would be to refurbish them. I asked for a price to finish in a high-quality vinyl and new foam. This wasn't an official price, but it was a pre-covid price and from memory, it was getting on for a £1000 a chair.

This has obviously paused my plans to do anything with them. My question is, does anyone here have any idea what an average/fair price would be for labour/materials for such a chair? I've seen Spectrum Vinyl sell their material for about £20 a metre, so it's not that expensive.

Has anyone else reupholstered a Statesman? I'm assuming they aren't easy due to the shape? I'd love to hear of anyone's experience or advice and even more so if anyone if in the local Southampton area  :)