Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:17:17 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Office chair too wide for the table

Started by Baraddur, February 29, 2016, 01:13:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Baraddur

Hello! I'm new here.

I don't really think there's something that can be done about the situation other than getting rid of the chair and getting a new one but who knows? Maybe there is and I just can't see it.

The thing is, my office chair (a birthday present) does not fit the table. It's too wide to fit in and the pads on the elbows are now scuffed and ragged. The seat would fit if it weren't for the elbows, and even if I got rid of just one elbow or cut them both lengthwise in half, the chair would still fit in. But I can't see how it can be done. Plus, it would totally destroy the padding on the elbows.

Any ideas? Personally, I'm thinking about just getting rid of it.

kodydog

When gift giving a desk chair often seems like a great idea. But if the giftee is not involved problems can arise. The thing with desk chairs (and all chairs in general) is they come in different shapes and sizes to fit different bodies. Most desk chairs can be adjusted to fit an individual but then you have the padding which comes in different densities and everyone has their own idea of the perfect comfort level.

Then there is the problem you are having. I've recovered plenty of nice desk chairs that only the arms were ruined from being pushed into the desk too often or too hard. If your the type that likes to sit up close or likes to push the chair under the desk when not in use I would suggest a chair with no arms. If you must have arms then maybe a chair with hard plastic on top.

As for adjusting the arms on your chair or customizing it, I can't think of a solution except to have the arms recovered every one or two years. On most chairs the cost would be minimal. Maybe a picture would help give us more ideas.

Me personally, when siting at my sewing machine, I find the arms get in the way.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Darren Henry

Most office chairs have removable arms. My knee jerk reaction was to just remove the arms completely. Like Kody I find the arms in the road more than usefull sitting at a desk and for my sewing machines I even get rid of the backs as they get hung up on large bulky projects like travel covers and grain tarps etc...as well.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

simichahal

August 18, 2022, 02:29:47 am #3 Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 01:24:48 pm by Inger-in-Norway
When it comes to standard office chairs, the seat depth is usually around seventeen to eighteen inches deep. For short people, this can be too large. Seat depths that are sixteen inches or less will be ideal for short people looking to have a chair fit them ergonomically. You don't have to spend thousands of dollars on a high-end table.