Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:32:02 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Test of images

Started by MinUph, May 30, 2020, 06:34:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

Well that doesnt seem to be any different. No pics I even went down to 29kb in soze.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Inger-in-Norway

Thanks for trying.

I notice that apart from my own avatar, which is linked to from a different site, none of you seem to have avatars. I seem to remember that some of you used to have one. Could you please try either selecting one, or if that doesn't work, upload one?

Inger

kodydog

When I try to attach an image I get, Your file is too large, The maximum attachment size allowed is 40KB

I'm no expert when it comes to imaging but that seems small. My camera is set to size my images to 1600 X 1200 pixels. That's just about the smallest it will go. I set it to that size so I wouldn't have to resize the images later when I wanted to send them in an e-mail or use them on fb. My properties file tells me my images are running anywhere from 116KB to 280KB. So I took an image with 268KB and shrank it down to about 1/2 the size, and of course I'm still way above the maximum attachment size.

So I'm thinking, every time I want to attach a photo I'm going to have to shrink it down to below 40KB? Or is my logic flawed? Is there any way you could raise that max attachment size? Am I doing something wrong?

I will try the avatar image next.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

I tried uploading a file smaller than 40kb and it still failed. There is no attachment directory on the systems server.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

RobHaywood

The directory where avatars and smileys are stored has been updated, so hopefully both appear when I post this. Unfortunately, those of you that have lost your previous avatars will still have to re-upload them.

MinUph

AW463732_00.gif The attachments directory can not be located. Please notify an administrator of this problem. 29.4 KB
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

kodydog

The old format did not have the option to directly add images and apparently the new format does not either. I noticed a photo shaped button in the blue boxes just above where we message. When clicked on it asks for a URL I guess like Photobucket. 

Here is the latest with Photobucket. I haven't used my photobucket account in a while. Now I am getting messages in my e-mail stating,

"Image hosting (sharing) is not available to our free members, but good news, all of your images are safe and will continue to be hosted across the internet when you become a premium member." 

The membership is only $7.99 but I'm cheap and will not be using Photobucket anymore.  There are other free hosting sites like google but uploading and then copying the URL and pasting into my message is a hassle. I feel this is the main reason forum users has fallen to about 5 these past 5 years. I now notice Steve hasn't been around awhile. 

I wright this for Rob Haywood, apparently our new moderator. I realize a server with enough memory to store all these photos Is expensive. You can reformat the site all you want but your not addressing the main problem. An upholstery forum that cannot post pictures is not going to get a lot of action. I hope I don't sound mad, I'm not. For me It'll be a sad day when this site completely closes down.

MinUph

These forums here are run by a business. If this business can't afford rental on a server with enough space to house images maybe  the business owner should find a better way to advertise the business. Server space is honestlh not that expensive and some free places are available also. I'm done here. I have tried to help in whatever way I could think of but it just isn't worth seeing the other two of three members. By the way I started a Facebook page with th Ed same name. The owner her is more than welcome to it. All they need to do is ask. It's called upholster.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

kodydog

Last one out turn the lights off.

Inger-in-Norway

Just to let you know: We are working on some features that did not work in the old forum. Space for images is one of those features. Rob is one of those who knows more than I do about the forum setup, so he is knee-deep into the problem with ancient configurations. Among other things, he has got your avatars working again. Just give him some time!

RobHaywood

Image Test- Looks like we got the attachments directory working. I'll be fiddling around with some more settings in the meantime.

Inger-in-Norway

June 05, 2020, 01:47:10 pm #11 Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 01:49:24 pm by Inger-in-Norway
Testing this...

Well done! Have you set any limits on the file size?

RobHaywood

Should be 10,000 kb and four pictures can be posted at once.

65Buick

Quote from: MinUph on June 02, 2020, 10:33:57 amThese forums here are run by a business. If this business can't afford rental on a server with enough space to house images maybe  the business owner should find a better way to advertise the business. Server space is honestlh not that expensive and some free places are available also. I'm done here. I have tried to help in whatever way I could think of but it just isn't worth seeing the other two of three members. By the way I started a Facebook page with th Ed same name. The owner her is more than welcome to it. All they need to do is ask. It's called upholster.

You started a FB page Paul? Can I join?

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website