Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:34:17 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

What is the term used to define the cushion filler in a typical outside patio?

Started by baileyuph, April 24, 2020, 03:33:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

I ask because a customer is bringing patio cushion work to the shop which are aged but in spite, the
filler (she sated) can be looked at but can probably be reused?

Maybe a little enhancement could be all required?

I will look this issue over and if filler enhancement will satisfy the requirement, I will order more.

What did those outside patio cushions use as filler (I don't recall the term)?  Oh, let's assume the
cushions were made approximately 20 yrs ago?

Doyle

kodydog

Typically outdoor cushions are made from the same material as indoor cushions. Foam and dacron. Sometimes outdoor furniture is filled with loose fill. Every once in a while we find a filler that is not common or one that we do not have a source for. If the cushion is filled with something like thick and dense dacron decisions need to be made. Do you have the time to research and locate a supplier who will ship an order to a mom and pop shop? Or will you be forced to buy a minimum amount that you will never use in a lifetime?

If the cushion is stuffed with the thick and dense dacron (I do not know the industry name) a couple layers of dacron should fluff them back up. If the cushions are shot then replacing them with an available material like foam may work. If the customer insists on using the same type filler you will need to charge for the hours of research you are about to do. 

Don't be surprised if the cushions are stuffed with something you have never seen before. These manufacturers come up with some interesting ideas.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

Quote from: baileyuph on April 24, 2020, 03:33:49 pm
I ask because a customer is bringing patio cushion work to the shop which are aged but in spite, the
filler (she sated) can be looked at but can probably be reused?

Maybe a little enhancement could be all required?

I will look this issue over and if filler enhancement will satisfy the requirement, I will order more.

What did those outside patio cushions use as filler (I don't recall the term)?  Oh, let's assume the
cushions were made approximately 20 yrs ago?

Doyle

There is a foam called easy dry that allows water to flow thru it.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website