Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:30:58 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Big Changes for 2020

Started by Mojo, December 26, 2019, 04:28:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

It has been a while since I have given an update on all of our companies. Now would be appropriate as 2020 is ushering in some big changes
for me as well as the companies.

To bring you all up to date we formed another company - Throgmartin Holdings, last summer. This company was formed to own the new building, own all of our various trademarks and intellectual property and will be used for future real estate deals and developments. Stone Vos is still going strong and we formed a division under that to handle sales and installation on our residential and commercial awning systems. Talin Manufacturing just had a banner year with sales up 150 %. We formed 2 divisions under Talin Manufacturing - 1.) Parts sales 2.) RV service.

We have added more staff and now have an executive director who helps my wife oversee all companies. We also have a shop manager for Stone Vos and a service manager as well. I have got the Talin operations manager trained and up to speed and just promoted her to Director. She will be in charge of manufacturing, the parts division and the service division. In other words she will be the big boss and take my place.

But the big change is I have announced my retirement effective Jan 1. I will spend 1 hour a day at the office but will no longer have any hand in the day to day operations. I will continue to do shows and events, handle marketing and PR but will spend my days looking for new adventures outside the RV industry, mainly commercial and business development. We have assembled an awesome team of managers and employees which is making this all possible. I will always be around to consult to them or if problems arise but I am handing the companies operations off to them to run and grow.

I plan on getting back to my hobbies - woodworking and horses. A few of you know I am also a junkie pilot. I have several exotic aircraft I want to fly in 2020 so will spend a little more time in the cockpit. I have simulator time set for the 737-800 and the Airbus 320 and flight time scheduled for the T-6 Texan and Curtiss P-40 warhawk fighter. So there you have it. Come January 1 this old fart is packing up and heading in a new direction.
It is time as I am I am burnt out, need to slow down, stop and smell the roses and pursue some hobbies while I still can.

Press Release: https://rv-pro.com/news/throgmartin-holdings-president-retire-jan-1?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20191223%20RVP%20ENEWS%20(1)&utm_content=&spMailingID=22624233&spUserID=NjE3MjYxMTUxOTYzS0&spJobID=1641601232&spReportId=MTY0MTYwMTIzMgS2

Here's hoping all of you have an awesome 2020.

Mojo

baileyuph

Congrats Mojo. 

Sounds like a lot happening, can't imagine you not being busy!

Doyle

SteveA

For me it gives new meaning to the radius of a service call with a ride like that !
All you need now is a
Dust mask + Manure Fork

All the Best - enjoy the time away
SA

kodydog

Enjoy your retirement Mojo. You worked hard, you deserve it. Don't forget to check in with your friends here on the forum once in a while.

Rose announced her plans for the upcoming year. She will be able to collect SS and will be forced to go on Medicare. She wants me to take over all of the shop operations. Cutting, sewing and upholstery. She will still handle all the appointments and book work. Pretty much like when she was working at the Dept of Revenue.

Our 5 year plan is to move closer to the Atlantic coast. Most likely to build on our property in St Augustine. Not sure if we'll ever stop working, I do look forward to slowing down some. I have a list as long as my arm of all the little things that need to be done to our Gainesville house before that happens. I just finished rebuilding the siding on our back porch. What was once plywood is now Hardie Plank. Now I need to paint it. House maintenance never ends.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html