Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:58:58 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

What Ya Been Up To

Started by kodydog, November 20, 2019, 07:39:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

November 20, 2019, 07:39:30 pm Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 06:02:16 am by kodydog
Haven't been a whole lot of chatter on the forum lately. I'm guessing y'all are as busy as I am with holiday orders. I saw Pauls ad on FB looking for a seamstress.

I noticed photobucket is new and improved, again. Thought I would try loading this photo of a cocktail ottoman we just finished. The last time it was recovered the fabric was simply stretched on and buttons poked through. When I stripped the old fabric off I noticed holes for deep tufting. I went ahead and did it the right way without the extra charge knowing the customer would really appreciate it. And she did. Lets see if this photo works.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

I've been over busy at work. Thinking of visiting warmer places. Thinking of moving to warmer places and leaving my stapler behind. But I've got a few more years to go. I'd rather whine about being too busy than whine about not being busy enough.

Actually, when the shop is gone and I no longer have deadlines, I still see myself doing upholstery. I enjoy it a lot. So why stop doing what I enjoy. I did a search on this forum a few days ago and saw posts by PapaSage. Remember him? I hope he's still alive and doing well. I got some good ideas and some encouragement from him when I started. Down in Louisiana is I remember correctly.

I just took the wax off my hands. I use the hot wax bath most nights. It helps with the aches and pains.

I've been walking now for 2 1/2 years at the local rec center. 5 to 6 nights a week for 1 hour each night. This may turn out to be the most expensive thing I have ever done. In these 2 1/2 years that I have been walking, I have gained 3 grandchildren!

Grandpa gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

42* when I woke this morning. It'll get up to 72* before the day is done. Plenty of upholsterers looking for help here in Florida. We reduced or work load this year, working 5 days a week instead of 6. I can see a day when we'll move to St Augustine and just work a couple of days a week to make some beer money.

Rose used the hot wax when her hands were bothering her. She really enjoyed it.

Walking = grandchildren, who knew. You better keep walking so you can keep up with the little crumb crunchers.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

SteveA

Nice job - it looks like a denim material - any left over for pants ?  The photo had the banner across it - PB still is not worth the effort -
About 40 degrees today - bright sun so it feels warmer - I have to clean the gutters but the leaves are still not all down.  In the past there were never leaves on the trees come Thanksgiving ?
Gene stop being so cheap and turn on the heat - it's November :)
SA

Mike

Ive been crazy stressed with deadline that are wizzing past menthis comming week people dontncall  in september when it slowest and then want big canvas jobs sonthey can takenguest out fornt fay   
Then my lanldlors dums another job for  next week.
I seriously thinking of scaling way back to woring in my little home shop

65Buick

November 29, 2019, 03:56:42 pm #5 Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 08:11:43 pm by 65Buick
I did these. Milwaukee chair co 1960. A pleasure to work with, and to re-upholster. I'd show more photos, but I am getting a bit lazy with the amount of work it takes to post a photo in this forum now.

http://www.gdurl.com/jEfp

This link works

Mojo

It has been a busy year. This last month has been horrific busy with our RV parts and service company and our awning company.
Just picked up another commercial awning job at Orlando International Airport. Trying to finish up 2020 marketing programs, rally schedule and a host of other things.

I am getting too old for all this happy horsecrap.

Mojo