Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:31:06 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Lochner stuffing machine

Started by gene, September 25, 2019, 06:09:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/tls/d/middletown-cushion-stuffing-machine/6959233387.html

I wish I did a lot of these types of cushion inserts. I would love to have this in my shop. But, I would probably never use it, or only use it occasionally for the fun of it, because my shop vac does a great job of compressing cushion inserts wrapped in plastic.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

That one looks in great shape. I sure miss mine.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

65Buick

Oh, that's like the Buckminster guy uses for his cotton cushions. Cool deal, but sure takes up a lot of space for like Gene says - a shopvac will do.

sofadoc

Mine takes up an enormous amount of room, and I absolutely never use it. I keep thinking that I'll find someone close by to take it off my hands (free). It isn't worth the cost to ship anywhere. It's totally useless for thick foam cushions.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

Yes as it was still 90% 4" cushions when I gave mine up. Seeing the days changed so much is cushion thickness I can see how it might collect dust.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

SteveA

September 27, 2019, 05:22:40 am #5 Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 05:24:10 am by SteveA
If you have the room - There must be some value holding onto a specialty machine like this ?  To me if I was a client and saw this apparatus sitting in the shop I would think you've been around the block a few times. Some restorers fill their shops for imaging with molding planes, glue pots, wood screw clamps, and miter boxes they never use but when a client comes in they believe this  guy / gal is a classical restorer. 
There's not one of them that won't first reach for a router, yellow glue,  Bessy clamps and the chop box first -
SA

sofadoc

Quote from: SteveA on September 27, 2019, 05:22:40 am
If you have the room - There must be some value holding onto a specialty machine like this ?  To me if I was a client and saw this apparatus sitting in the shop I would think you've been around the block a few times. Some restorers fill their shops for imaging with molding planes, glue pots, wood screw clamps, and miter boxes they never use but when a client comes in they believe this  guy / gal is a classical restorer. 
There's not one of them that won't first reach for a router, yellow glue,  Bessy clamps and the chop box first -
SA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if you do have the room, it's still difficult to justify the space it takes up. No client would even know or care what it was.

SteveA

Hey Doc -  glad you're stopping by - heck with that facebook site - come here more often  !
SA

sofadoc

Quote from: SteveA on September 27, 2019, 08:58:08 am
Hey Doc -  glad you're stopping by - heck with that facebook site - come here more often  !
SA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still check in almost every day. There's just not much going on here anymore.