Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:42:05 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Y'all Will Get a Kick Out of This

Started by kodydog, May 01, 2019, 06:40:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

May 01, 2019, 06:40:01 pm Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 06:55:45 pm by kodydog
I guess the last upholsterer didn't know how or just didn't bother to fix the springs. Sooo... lets just stuff it full of whatever is laying around the shop.

So what have we here.

And pull it out

Look at it a little closer

Some kind of expanding foam for packaging

And why not add a little scrap foam to the mix

We got er all fixed up

Almost forgot this neat little note from 1958

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mojo

Good Gawd. Really ?

Just when you think you have seen it all. : )

Mojo

SteveA

I was waiting for you to pull a deflated rubber raft out from between the webbing -
My Buddy Jose found $ 900.00 in cash inside a sofa around 10 years ago  - he gave it back to customer - not even a $ 20.00 tip and she complained about a seam in the front.  This is where the expression was founded " no good deed goes unpunished"
My best find was one time a mover brought a desk in for repair with a carved piece missing.  When I took out the drawers the piece was in the bottom of the dust panel.  Glued it back and they loved the
match :)   I charged a nominal fee but never disclosed how I got the match so perfect
Anyone find anything interesting inside of furniture besides expansion foam ? 
SA

kodydog

Quote from: SteveA on May 02, 2019, 09:41:43 am
My Buddy Jose found $ 900.00 in cash inside a sofa around 10 years ago  - he gave it back to customer - not even a $ 20.00 tip and she complained 
SA

Every upholsterer dreams of this day. And then the moral dilemma kicks in. To keep it or to give it back. Technically the chair belongs to the customer and therefore the money does too. But you can bet the customer would never send it to the upholsterer if they knew the money was inside. And if you knew they just bought the chair at a thrift store ... Your friend did the right thing. No reward eh.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

Here's my idea on the crap in that chair.

The upholsterer lives someplace where he pays according to how much garbage he throws out. Maybe he's allowed one garbage can and then he pays extra for a second garbage can. So, he gets rid of most of his shop garbage by stuffing it inside furniture. Just be thankful KodyD that he didn't reupholster that chair when his children were still in diapers. :-)

Finding potato chips under the fabric done by the previous upholsterer was the worst thing I've seen.

I still have that diamond ring I found a few years ago. I have no idea what furniture it came out of. I hate to have it appraised because if it's really expensive I'll feel even worse than I do now. I think I would feel so bad that I would have to sell the ring and use the money to go on a cruise to see if that would help me feel better. And yes, as soon as I got back from my cruise a customer from 5 years ago will call and ask if, per chance, I found a diamond ring in her sofa when I reupholstered it 5 years ago.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

65Buick

That's just wrong. I recently had someone interested in doing biz with me. Til I found out they used old materials. Noooope.

SteveA

That's a tough one Gene.  Sounds like it's headed for the poor box -
SA